- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
7 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Decent beach. Access to bathroom and some food trucks. Rentals are available after you park.
It is clothing optional - people will be fully nude.
Arrive early. The parking lot gets full. There is a long walk from the parking lot to the beach area, but once you hit the sand there is a blue sand sidewalk (I forget what it’s called). You can drop your stuff off from the Main Street before you park so that you don’t have to drag it so far.Written June 26, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is one of the most beautiful beaches! It’s clean, soft sand, there are walking paths, the bay side, ocean side and ample parking. This is why I have been coming here for years, but there are a few things that can make the beach day unpleasant and has been an issue the last few times I have been there. Some large groups are disrespectful, especially with loud music. Music is okay, but blasting it loud and with profane language is not okay especially with young kids around. Please be courteous of others around you! The second item are these large wind barriers that many people were using. These are fine if you are not blocking the beautiful view of the beach for everyone around you. But some groups set up large barriers right in front of the beach. Please, be respectful as everyone is sharing the same beach. For these reasons. I think I will stick to off season visits as there are lots of other beaches to choose from that don’t have these issues.Written July 10, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I went to Sandy Hook to do some biking with my girlfriend. While we were roaming the area we saw most of the buildings, batteries and missile spots as well as the lighthouse. This is a historical place that nature has reclaimed. It's a interesting place to explore.Written July 8, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is just one quick stop that you can make while strolling or biking along the Multi-use pathway in Sandy Hook, there's a lot to do and see in this area.Written July 8, 2020
- It was a wonderful experience for my 2 grandchildren and myself. When we started out on the bay the water was like glass. toward the end of our hour the water became a little choppy. Which made paddling a little more of a work out. I will be returning next week for them to rent the kayaks. I would suggest that the life jackets be updated, they were rather old and dingy. I would recommend this place for all beginners and for all ages.Written August 8, 2022
- Wonderful experience renting from Sandy Hook Scooter Company. The online rental process was easy and intuitive. I rented a red 150cc Vespa that was peppy and well-maintained. Tara took time to make sure I was comfortable with the scooter’s safe operation before heading out on my own. I would definitely rent from them again!Written August 1, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Sandy Hook
- The most popular things to do in Sandy Hook with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Gateway National Recreation Area
- Fort Hancock Nike Missile Base - Gateway National Recreation Area
- Sandy Hook Kayaks