Tours near Sandy Hook
Book these experiences to see what the area has to offer.
What travellers are saying
- A really great experience - almost perfect weather (70's, mostly sunny, a little windy) brought a good number of folks out but it was not crowded. The water was too cold for a good skinny dip, but that's expected at this time of year. Crowd was clearly experienced/frequent visitors with a high comfort level with the nudity. (I like that.) Definitely a great experience. Only down side: it seems like the walk from the lot has gotten longer somehow!Written June 14, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful beaches but you have to find the "not so crowded" ones...best to go during the week. The bridge backs up for miles for hours on weekends. A lot of history, great bike trails all over through the scrub pines. New fun restaurant/bar out on the end for Happy Hour, food & sunsets. Another wonderful place that makes New Jersey the amazing state that it is! **Only rated it a 4 because of the crowds.Written August 27, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I went to Sandy Hook to do some biking with my girlfriend. While we were roaming the area we saw most of the buildings, batteries and missile spots as well as the lighthouse. This is a historical place that nature has reclaimed. It's a interesting place to explore.Written July 8, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is just one quick stop that you can make while strolling or biking along the Multi-use pathway in Sandy Hook, there's a lot to do and see in this area.Written July 8, 2020
- Looking for a place to do something outdoors to celebrate a birthday, we discovered this opportunity on Sandy Hook. Booking was simple and it was easy to find. It was a relaxing and rest fun experience. My first-time kayaking wife would do this again. Great low-key experience with very helpful staff.Written August 13, 2023
- Wonderful experience renting from Sandy Hook Scooter Company. The online rental process was easy and intuitive. I rented a red 150cc Vespa that was peppy and well-maintained. Tara took time to make sure I was comfortable with the scooter’s safe operation before heading out on my own. I would definitely rent from them again!Written August 1, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Sandy Hook
- The most popular things to do in Sandy Hook with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Gateway National Recreation Area
- Fort Hancock Nike Missile Base - Gateway National Recreation Area
- Sandy Hook Kayaks