Top Attractions in Riverhead
What travellers are saying
- Took the kid here during the off season and really enjoyed it since there weren't huge crowds. We got an upfront view of all of the exhibits and didn't have to battle for space at the glass. They still hold the sea lion show daily outside, but since it is only 10-15 minutes long then it wasn't bad at all to get bundled up quickly. A few of the outdoor exhibits were closed for the season, but we got to see about 85-90% of what anyone would during the summer and without the heat.
The tanks were well maintained, the whole place was clean, and the staff was friendly. The stingray petting was a great feature, and the butterfly exhibit was good also. We spent 3 hours total here.
They do have free parking a couple of blocks to the North (follow the signs), and a free shuttle bus to take you to the front door. Strollers are allowed (unlike the NYC aquarium) except for in a couple of very specific spots (the owls, and butterfly exhibit).
The pricing was a little more than I expected, and more than one page of the website said for off season pricing. But, the it was a better visit for the money than the aquarium closer to the city. There are other things you can do for extra money (pan for crystals, pics with animals, etc) but we didn't try any of those, nor the small restaurant or ice cream shop on premises.Written December 2, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Shop, shop, shop. Every store you can think of. Except pharmacy or bank. Shuttle available too. Or park and walk.Written February 9, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Erica is a gem! She gave me a tasting and oysters and when I had questions about the wine she had the answers, and when I had questions about the oysters, she had Chase the first mate of Peconic Gold Oysters come to my table for a very fun and educational conversation. What a gorgeous, delicious, high quality experience it is to have a tasting and some freshly shucked Peconic Gold Oysters on a sunny weekend! My favorite vineyard on the whole fork, and yes, I’ve been to them all. Thank you Erica!Written August 29, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I've driven by this place many times and have wanted to stop in. Finally got the chance when they offered Line Dancing classes in the barn. And the barn is GORGEOUS! We were able to meet the owner and she was lovely. She spoke about the origin of the farm and her vision to connect horses to people in a way that can benefit both. They host tours on Sundays.Written December 4, 2022
- We met a lovely couple at an event at another winery where we are members and they let us in on a secret about Roanoke Vineyards. They told us that you have to be a member to partake in their superb wines and take part in any of their events. Well, we have to love the wines they offer to become a wine club member. No problem, go for a tasting and if you love the wine ask to become a member. So, that is what we did! We loved the wine, the staff, the offerings, and the events. There was a few week wait to get off the waitlist, but it took our new friends 6 months to join! Lucky us!! Since then, we have enjoyed new member events, kayaking with a pro, wine and food event (which was AMAZING) at Windemere in Mattituck, and many lazy afternoons drinking wine and relaxing with friends. SO happy with happened to be seated across from that lovely couple at another winery event.Written November 13, 2022
- Exploring the “Hamptons” and came across this brewery as one of the top things to do…glad we took the drive. As a Wisconsinite we are a little picky about our beer. This place definitely can hold its own!! Glad we came!Written July 15, 2022
- We took friends from Singapore that hadn't had many farm experiences. This is fun. It doesn't take long. You pay for the milk to feed the goats by the honor system. We even used our credit card! The smiles and the fun we had in 20 minutes will stay with me for life. The goats are clean and friendly. This was a "10" of an experience. I would love to go back!Written November 6, 2019
- The theater had been renovated 10 years ago. Didn't see it before, but it's definately a beautful theater. The only thing I was slightly disappointed in was the seating right in front of the stage. They have single folding chairs right next to each other. Most theaters I've been in have permanent seating in the orchestra with armrests, which serve as a barrier between you and your neighbor. We had end seats and my husband and I would move our chairs a little over and the woman next to me kept moving hers...ugh. Oh well, at least she was pleasant and the seats were very comfortable. The staff was exceptionally helpful in seating us and also giving us a little history of the building. Would definately attend a show there again.Written March 14, 2022
- Throughout the year Hallockville Museum Farm has all sorts of functions going on. We have been to a few. Today we went to a craft festival which featured many local crafts. Live music, and food vendors. It was a great way to sample some local products, with the option to buy too, which we did. Looking forward to the Christmas craft fairs in November and December. This is a nice wholesome place to visit with children, they will enjoy looking up close at the farm animals, as well as many child focused activities.Written August 29, 2021
- This was our second stop on the wine tour. I thought the wine here was fantastic and probably my favorite of the day. They have very unique flavors, really tasty! Unfortunately, we didn't stay long because they only sold by the glass or tastings, not by the bottle. Had a great indoor and outdoor area to hang out.Written August 15, 2018
- We had a fabulous experience with the owner and some friends from Italy who were visiting at this establishment. The owner let us try any number of different flavored moonshine/whiskeys as well as a grappa which were amazing. We bought 12+ bottles and are enjoying them. The apple pie moonshine is especially divine! GO HERE! Fun and delicious experience.Written December 27, 2019
- I'm not a car racing enthusiast, but its still great to visit at least once a season. Its exciting and I think its the only track left on Long Island.Written June 4, 2019
- Flowers, fresh "home grown vegetables, Delish in-housed baked goodies - pies, breads, cookie..so good! And in the fall Pumpkins and fun.Written October 27, 2020
- Hit this place on the beer bike tour. Loved the selection of beers. Bartender was great. I will definitly come back again.Written July 17, 2017
- On a picture perfect Fall day, we took a ride out to the East end of Long Island for apple picking, wine tastings and cider donuts and sips. It was a great day!Written October 21, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Riverhead
- The best outdoor activities in Riverhead according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Riverhead on Tripadvisor
Riverhead Attractions Information
|Local Time||Wednesday 9:24 p.m.|