- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
26 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- This is one of those surprises you sometimes find in a small town. It is housed in the old CPRR depot, built in 1912. It has history of the area, as well as a section on the many movies that have been filmed here, which we didn’t know about.After visiting the museum, walk around town. It is a very nice historic town.Written October 7, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you are a fan of Heartland and are on your way through the area, it is worth a stop. It isn't actually open as a diner, but fun to see the place from many memorable scenes of Heartland.Written October 7, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- High River is a great little town, and all the murals really add to the already beautiful scenery. There are quite a few. There's a brochure at the Visitor Centre to help you find them, but you really can't miss them, there are so many.Written July 4, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We are very thankful to the High River Parent Link Center for offering the water park for free again this year! Our dayhome spends countless hours enjoying this fantastic place! Love that it's fenced and large enough that on busy days there are still lots of places to play. There are very few opportunities for free family activities. This is the perfect place to go!Written July 25, 2016
- We went for a walk around this quiet little park with some interesting historical buildings. You can't enter the buildings, but it's a nice place for photos.Written August 16, 2017
- This is a casual visit and great for anyone who enjoys old Fords, old tractors and garage memorably of days gone by. Be sure to walk slowly as there is alot to see. Don't forget to look upwards as there were more treasures to take in. We were also excited to see the beautiful Texaco garage next door. This was an added bonus.Written May 7, 2019
- We saw this place as we were walking around High River so popped in for a look.
There are a few small rooms with vintage and collectibles in them and a larger area with a good selection of vintage clothes.
Worth a visit if you are on the area as it’s a great shop with lots of interesting things.Written August 9, 2022
- You can find this situated close to the museum in High River. It is by local artists Rocky Barstad & Lorne Eadie
When a diseased tree was cut down they saved this part and turned it into the Wolves Sculpture and it is well worth seeing.Written June 29, 2022
- Awesome beer, very friendly staff, good prices. I have stopped in a few time for growler fills. The patio looks very inviting, the staff is very helpful. The beer is awesome (did I mention that before?).Written May 7, 2021
- We visited Rotary Park and found this sculpture in the park. It is made of bronze and is a buffalo skull on a round pedestal
It is by the artist R Barstan in 1991 and is really well done.
It has a plaque with more information too.Written August 11, 2022
- We visited High River and found this statue located close to the museum.
There is information around the statue and tells you about George Emerson who was an early pioneer of the region. He was known as the Father of the Rancher.
A large statue set in a small green area and well worth stopping by to take a look.Written June 29, 2022
- We visited this cemetery while we were visiting High River.
It’s a really peaceful and historical place with a war memorial in its grounds.
There are several benches to sit and take a break.Written August 8, 2022
- We were following a walking tour while we were in high River and found this memorial dedicated to those that lost their lives in the 1st World War.
It was constructed in 1934 and it is worth taking the time to visit while in High River.Written August 11, 2022
- Popped in after receiving recommendations from someone earlier that day. Pie Sunday, great experience. Like visiting with old friends at their home. Incredible pie, free coffee and friendly atmosphere, all for $5.Written February 23, 2020
- We visited here while in High River. Just a short drive outside the main area. It is full of lots of vintage stuff. Lots of books and reasonable prices.
There is definitely lots to see and something for everyone.
Really so much stuff it’s a little hard to see everything but worth a visit if you are in the area.Written August 10, 2022
High River Attractions Information
|Local Time||Thursday 7:51 AM|