Speciality Museums • History Museums
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
14 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- It was our quick stay coming back from Edmonton. They had great maintained models of the machinery.
My wife loved it here taking lots of instagram pictures. Good historical exhibits explaining revolution of aviation and agriculture. My girls 4 & 6 really liked it here. Must stop by if you want a quick rest from driving.Written June 6, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I bought a NASCAR driving experience for my husband for his birthday. He thought it was a really cool experience. With the package we also got two free tickets to the races that night. We had a blast!!!Written September 13, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Large and quite private well-treed sites. Well equipped with fire pits, picnic tables, and plenty of sites have full-service hookups. Water pressure was steady and sites were level and clean. Trash bins and recycle bins throughout the park and easy access to the day use beach. Really enjoyed my stay, very peaceful. Only real detriment is the lack of Wi-Fi.
Discovered something sneaky about how Alberta Parks sucks a $12 reservation fee out of you. When I went online to book, it appeared that only three sites were available for the dates I wanted. I rushed to book them immediately and was charged $12 reservation fee. Arriving at the campground, I discovered it was 50% empty. In fact, most sites you can just drive up the same day and rent on the spot. They only allow a limited number of sites to be booked in advance but it misleads you into believing that ALL the sites are reservable and already taken.Written August 26, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A fantastic place to while away the day and the gift store may just allow you to fill out your entire Christmas and yearly Birthday gift shopping in one day. <3Written March 6, 2021
- Fantastic set up on farmland with operational trains. Likewise station has wide assortment of material relating to the history of CPR in Northern Alberta and wide assortment of rail cars --the dining car ---coffee is on and hospitality great. Model train HO Scale and likewise a working miniature scole railway and village park. The set up is very well done and the setting is really outstanding. A must if you have children----Written March 5, 2020
- Have fun, but don't expect even the slightest luxury other than what mother nature herself provides.Rumour has it that this is a spring fed lake. It has beautiful, clear, clean water and a lovely campground which is equipped with some very basic amenities, so bring extra water and lots of food.
Do prepare for a good old-fashioned outhouse experience, and don't plan on finding a change room anywhere nearby. Ya...while driving in looking for a parking spot I got flashed by a guy who had no inhibitions about mooning passing cars as he got into his bathing suit. When you're not getting mooned, swimming, kayaking, canoeing and paddleboarding are the things to do & this this place's calling card is that there are no motorboats. If you're a true nature lover, life doesn't get much better. Although there are no sandy beaches, oncce you're in the water you don't care. There are 2 docks a little beach. If you're swimming, it's small enough that you can feel safe halfway across the lake while getting away from all the liveliness at the dock, where dads are throwing screaming kids into the water, people are smoking cigarettes and teenagers are sneaking some beers, while most people are just gliding away from the dock in their floaties & kayaks. Be sure to bring life jackets for the kids...the water gets deep quickly. If you're heading out for a day trip, parking is limited, to say the least. Have fun, but don't expect even the slightest luxury other than what mother nature herself provides.Written August 2, 2019
- My husband and I walked by on our way to dinner one night and stopped in for fun. It's a great gallery featuring local artists. One thing that made me come back was their high quality printing service. I printed many pictures from my grandparents photo albums and pictures off of my phone. The work that went into them was amazing! Dale took the time to edit every single picture to perfection. He spent many hours with me editing, printing, and listening to stories about my family in the pictures. The experience was great, and I'm so happy with the finished product. I will definitely take all my printing/artistic needs there now!Written August 29, 2018
- A well set up museum, lots of information and exhibits. Museum guides who help with questions we had.Written March 3, 2019
- we went out for the New Years Eve event and it was a blast and my two grandchildren decided they wanted to learn to ski. It is a great hill with great instructors. We have spent each week end at the ski hill since it has opened. Only down fall is the weather and the ski hill has no control over that. The prices are affordable for a family of 6 with three skiing with rentals, food is priced good and we enjoy it. We are lucky to have a hill so close to home.Written January 22, 2015
- Lots of goings on at this theater! The plays are really well done, the ones we have seen. They have music nights, jam sessions, other theater companies besisdes the Wetaskiwin players sometimes perform. Check the website for whats going on and support local entertainment.Written October 14, 2018
- I was surprised by the great splash area for small children and lazy river! What a great way to spend part of the day. Life jackets available, and lots of fun floating toys for the kids!Written May 24, 2017
- We decided to stop by here when we were visiting relatives near by, but unfortunately this place has closed down.Written July 4, 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about Wetaskiwin
- The best outdoor activities in Wetaskiwin according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Wetaskiwin on Tripadvisor
Wetaskiwin Attractions Information
|Local Time||Friday 3:42 AM|