- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
26 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- British Columbia is a breathtaking experience. The ferry system offers a nice way to expand your travels while enjoying the beautiful surroundings. There are snacks on the smaller ships, food on board larger ships, and educational lectures on others. You can also choose to take a nap, take a walk, or take some photos like we did. It's a spectacular experience.Written October 8, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was nice that the history of the burl was available for reading and one can walk around the whole burl.Written August 22, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Not a big harbor like Victoria , but very quiet , clean , peaceful to stroll along special early morning , spectacular Sunset , locals so friendly , every one smile on their face ! I am coming back with one of my girlfriend in the summer for sure .Written May 26, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very knowledgeable and happy staff , feel to stay in town for more days ! I love foods , they really know their local restaurants and Bars ! very professional . dedicated to the tourism visitors !Written May 26, 2022
- We had 2 nights of camping here whilst we were visiting Telegraph Cove and the north island. we swam in this lovely lake, and enjoyed the beach. There were a few people here, but overall very quiet and peaceful. Can be hectic in July because the wind is up and the windsurfers are here!Written August 30, 2015
- Easy access to the lake from the highway, with free parking. Great place for family/friends to picnic, take a walk, barbecue, or even camp. Surrounding mountain scenery quite lovely.Written January 22, 2019
- We had an amazing experience with Sea Wolf. Our crew of Harry and Steven were amazing. They have life-long experience living in the area and a warm and friendly. Although we were hiking in grizzly country, I felt that we were in the best hands possible.Written September 28, 2022
- We did a 4 hour whale watching trip. The only downside was not seeing orca, which had left the area, but the company couldn’t do anything about that. What we did see was thirteen humpbacks and loads of sea otters. An excellent, informative trip in a good, stable boat.Written September 25, 2022
- It was fantastic! We highly recommend the kayak and grizzly tour. We started our vacation with Kingfisher in late August and this tour set the benchmark very high for the rest of our trip through Canada.
Camping on an island close to nature and wildlife was an exceptional experience. The guides made it even better by taking care of us on land and on water, sharing their knowledge with us. Not only did we watch whales, but we also saw other marine and wild life and learned about currents and flora. Many thanks to Audrey, Jess and Kayleigh.
Environmentally friendly, with high respect for wildlife, far from mass tourism. Kayaking for beginners and advanced. Nice mix of people and good group size.
The grizzly tour with Sea Wolf Adventures on the last day was a great way to end the tour. Sherry and Brandon shared their indigenous knowledge of the wildlife and islands with us. We watched orcas on the way to see the grizzly bears. Visiting the cultural center in Alert Bay and hearing personal stories was also a highlight! Thank you so much.Written October 2, 2022
- There genuinely are not the words in the English language to express how amazing our time with Rolf was.
Visited Vancouver Island on our honeymoon, mainly to be able to see its amazing wildlife, especially the Whales. We booked with Rolf because we wanted a smaller more personal experience.
I am an amateur photographer so Rolf’s tours were perfect however they are so much more than photo tours, I would recommend to anyone, including families who want an incredible experience, you could not take an single photo and have the most amazing experience.
We did 3 tours with Rolf and saw so much! Lots of Humpback whales, sea otters, porpoises, black bears, grizzly bears, bald eagles and Orcas.
The days start early, you are out on the water before sunrise, tea/coffee is ready and waiting for you aboard Rolf’s custom made boat, the Ambient Light. Rolf has incredible experience and knowledge of the area, he knows where the wildlife is likely to be given the weather conditions and the tide etc. It was important to us that we saw the animals for what they were: WILD animals. Rolf has so much respect for the wildlife and does not intrude on their activity or chase them. He gets you in a position to observe them from a respectful distance and allows the animals to come into your space. I never ever got the impression that the wildlife was bothered by our presence.
Whilst you are out on the water you are treated to a lovely breakfast and an amazing buffet style lunch, most of it grown/sourced by Rolf himself. Having lunch whilst watching a pod of killer whales is something I will never forget.
This place is somewhere that I have dreamed of coming, Rolf and his amazing team made that dream a reality.
Thank you Rolf and all the team for an experience I will never forget. I hope our paths will cross again.Written August 20, 2022
- I had followed Anthony's photography work for a couple of years before travelling from the UK to Canada, so i knew he would have the skills to get me in the right places.
Even before the trip started I had great views of Bald Eagles and a Belted Kingfisher. We found our first Sea Otter very quickly, followed by several more throughout the trip. Also had Sea Lions, several Humpbacks, lots of other seabirds.
The boat was fast and stable and gives you great, 360 degree low-level photo opportunities. If I lived closer, I would definitely be booking another trip.
Even if you can't do a trip with Anthony, check out his photography. Simply stunning.Written September 24, 2022
- This is actually a review for the Blackfish Sound Adventure through Sea Kayaking Adventures and ROW. It was a 6 day trip into one of the most amazing places off Northern British Columbia and Vancouver Island. You can see the itinerary through the website which outlines the experience. It was so so amazing. The whole trip was a highlight. What was truly magnificent was the bioluminescence we experienced one night. The sea life, orcas, humpbacks and eagles were so abundant. And, the area was pristine. It felt as if we were the only ones on earth. Our guides, Becky, Sarah and Monika were outstanding. They complimented each other well and provided us with superb guiding, educational activities and the a luxury of camping experience par excellence. They were cheerful, funny, energetic, always available nd helpful. They were above qualified and capable to lead the trips and I felt in good hands with their people skills, kayaking skills and expertise. I would not have wanted any other guides as they were exceptional. We had kayakers of all levels and in general kayaked 8 miles per day over 3-4 hours with break. And they were committed to the wonders of the area. The equipment was top notch and the camping was luxurious. We wanted for nothing.Written September 5, 2022
- Larry was easy to work with and he is very personable. He took the time and really taught our son everything with the gear. Our son loves to fish and we try to make sure that we fit a trip in when possible on vacation. He was happy to be fishing but even more happy when he finally brought in his first Chinook. It was probably good too since that was our only real bite of the day. I think if the budget was a little higher we would have done an all day off shore. We live in Nebraska so one fish here feeds one person and this salmon produced 13lbs of meat. That's our whole family for a week. Larry did tell us to go to Hardy Buoys. They will process your fish however you want it done. We wanted to smoke some but due to the 3 day turn around was unable but they filleted for us to transport.Written September 15, 2022
- I spent 4 days at the Orca Camp beginning of August, and it was such a wonderful experience. The guides Sinead, Rae and Ken were amazing and so knowledgeable. We spent most of our time on the water kayaking and looking out for wildlife, and the highlight was when we saw a pod of orcas all around our kayaks one day. Such an unforgettable experience! The evenings were spent around the campfire with delicious, fresh food prepared by our guides. All in all the camp was such a positive and fulfilling experience, and the orca sighting topped it all. I would say the orca camp is the most memorable travel experience I've had so far!Written August 25, 2019
- First salmon fishing trip in Canada. Had a great days fishing with John and Myrna at JZ's Fishing Charters. Great skipper who works hard to make sure you have a successful day's fishing. We thoroughly enjoyed their company, had a lovely day and can highly recommend if you want a fishing trip in the Port Mcneill area.Written September 14, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Port McNeill
- The best outdoor activities in Port McNeill according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Port McNeill on Tripadvisor