Cultural Tours • Historical & Heritage Tours
- Traveller favouritesTours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked according to revenue made by Tripadvisor on those bookings, plus the number of page views by Tripadvisor users, and the quantity and quality of reviews
18 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- We had an amazing experience with Sea Wolf. Our crew of Harry and Steven were amazing. They have life-long experience living in the area and a warm and friendly. Although we were hiking in grizzly country, I felt that we were in the best hands possible.Written September 28, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We did a 4 hour whale watching trip. The only downside was not seeing orca, which had left the area, but the company couldn’t do anything about that. What we did see was thirteen humpbacks and loads of sea otters. An excellent, informative trip in a good, stable boat.Written September 25, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Excellent experience on the 4 day kayak with whales trip! The guides were friendly and knowledgeable and the basecamp was so serene. Food was tasty and plentiful. Only tip I would offer is to consider bringing your own pillow. Looking forward to booking another Kingfisher adventure in the future!Written September 28, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There genuinely are not the words in the English language to express how amazing our time with Rolf was.
Visited Vancouver Island on our honeymoon, mainly to be able to see its amazing wildlife, especially the Whales. We booked with Rolf because we wanted a smaller more personal experience.
I am an amateur photographer so Rolf’s tours were perfect however they are so much more than photo tours, I would recommend to anyone, including families who want an incredible experience, you could not take an single photo and have the most amazing experience.
We did 3 tours with Rolf and saw so much! Lots of Humpback whales, sea otters, porpoises, black bears, grizzly bears, bald eagles and Orcas.
The days start early, you are out on the water before sunrise, tea/coffee is ready and waiting for you aboard Rolf’s custom made boat, the Ambient Light. Rolf has incredible experience and knowledge of the area, he knows where the wildlife is likely to be given the weather conditions and the tide etc. It was important to us that we saw the animals for what they were: WILD animals. Rolf has so much respect for the wildlife and does not intrude on their activity or chase them. He gets you in a position to observe them from a respectful distance and allows the animals to come into your space. I never ever got the impression that the wildlife was bothered by our presence.
Whilst you are out on the water you are treated to a lovely breakfast and an amazing buffet style lunch, most of it grown/sourced by Rolf himself. Having lunch whilst watching a pod of killer whales is something I will never forget.
This place is somewhere that I have dreamed of coming, Rolf and his amazing team made that dream a reality.
Thank you Rolf and all the team for an experience I will never forget. I hope our paths will cross again.Written August 20, 2022
- I had followed Anthony's photography work for a couple of years before travelling from the UK to Canada, so i knew he would have the skills to get me in the right places.
Even before the trip started I had great views of Bald Eagles and a Belted Kingfisher. We found our first Sea Otter very quickly, followed by several more throughout the trip. Also had Sea Lions, several Humpbacks, lots of other seabirds.
The boat was fast and stable and gives you great, 360 degree low-level photo opportunities. If I lived closer, I would definitely be booking another trip.
Even if you can't do a trip with Anthony, check out his photography. Simply stunning.Written September 24, 2022
- This is actually a review for the Blackfish Sound Adventure through Sea Kayaking Adventures and ROW. It was a 6 day trip into one of the most amazing places off Northern British Columbia and Vancouver Island. You can see the itinerary through the website which outlines the experience. It was so so amazing. The whole trip was a highlight. What was truly magnificent was the bioluminescence we experienced one night. The sea life, orcas, humpbacks and eagles were so abundant. And, the area was pristine. It felt as if we were the only ones on earth. Our guides, Becky, Sarah and Monika were outstanding. They complimented each other well and provided us with superb guiding, educational activities and the a luxury of camping experience par excellence. They were cheerful, funny, energetic, always available nd helpful. They were above qualified and capable to lead the trips and I felt in good hands with their people skills, kayaking skills and expertise. I would not have wanted any other guides as they were exceptional. We had kayakers of all levels and in general kayaked 8 miles per day over 3-4 hours with break. And they were committed to the wonders of the area. The equipment was top notch and the camping was luxurious. We wanted for nothing.Written September 5, 2022
- Larry was easy to work with and he is very personable. He took the time and really taught our son everything with the gear. Our son loves to fish and we try to make sure that we fit a trip in when possible on vacation. He was happy to be fishing but even more happy when he finally brought in his first Chinook. It was probably good too since that was our only real bite of the day. I think if the budget was a little higher we would have done an all day off shore. We live in Nebraska so one fish here feeds one person and this salmon produced 13lbs of meat. That's our whole family for a week. Larry did tell us to go to Hardy Buoys. They will process your fish however you want it done. We wanted to smoke some but due to the 3 day turn around was unable but they filleted for us to transport.Written September 15, 2022
- I spent 4 days at the Orca Camp beginning of August, and it was such a wonderful experience. The guides Sinead, Rae and Ken were amazing and so knowledgeable. We spent most of our time on the water kayaking and looking out for wildlife, and the highlight was when we saw a pod of orcas all around our kayaks one day. Such an unforgettable experience! The evenings were spent around the campfire with delicious, fresh food prepared by our guides. All in all the camp was such a positive and fulfilling experience, and the orca sighting topped it all. I would say the orca camp is the most memorable travel experience I've had so far!Written August 25, 2019
- First salmon fishing trip in Canada. Had a great days fishing with John and Myrna at JZ's Fishing Charters. Great skipper who works hard to make sure you have a successful day's fishing. We thoroughly enjoyed their company, had a lovely day and can highly recommend if you want a fishing trip in the Port Mcneill area.Written September 14, 2019
- We hit the edge of a reef with our boat while coming to Port McNeil. Steve and Trudy at Sun Fun were fabulous in response and provided outstanding work. We were totally impressed with the expert, professional, and informative approach and incredible skill in assisting us by replacing the damaged propeller and providing feedback on the status of the bottom of our boat. I have no doubt a sport dive trip with them would be fabulous, skillfully guided with safety and attention to excellence in customer care and service! Thanks Steve and Trudy!Written August 1, 2021
- We had the best afternoon with Silver King Ventures, cruising the waters surrounding Malcom and Cormorant Islands., Telegraph Cove, and Port McNeill . James, our skipper, knew where the best viewing stops were and we saw orca, humpback whales, sea otters, many many sea birds and eagles. He was very knowledgeable about the mammals and birds, and also about the conservation practices taking place. There were four in our group, and we appreciated that the passengers were limited to our four. We were able to move around, often staying out on deck for better photo opportunities. Thank you James, the adventure was much appreciated by Merv, Eleanor, Ken and Laila.Written August 21, 2022
- This was a four-day trip to “kayak with whales,” and it was even better than I expected. From our base camp on an island near the Johnson Strait, we could see and hear humpback whales from shore. Our guides (2 for the group of ten) took very good care of us, from getting us to prime spots for whale viewing to preparing delicious meals at the campsite. What a wonderful experience.Written August 25, 2022
- I have always wanted to visit Kingcome village on the BC coast, but its isolation and First Nation status meant it was impossible to even consider on our own. Kingcome Raven Adventures partners with Port McNeill based Seawolf adventures (which gets you there) to provide a personal tour of the river and creek system beyond the inlet, with a packed lunch by an incredible waterfall, a tour of the village itself, and we even saw fresh grizzly bear footprints, but never for one moment felt insecure in the hands of our Kwakwaka-wakw guide, who was friendly, knowledgeable and capable. The gift of a bag of smoked salmon - light as air, dry as a biscuit and smelling of alder wood - was a really nice touch. It's a long day, but memorable! Highly recommended for anyone who has a bit of knowledge and appreciation of the region and the first people who live there, although a rank outsider will be impressed with the incredible landscape as well.Written August 14, 2019
- The day couldn't have been more perfect - an intimate, up-close journey with Orcas, Dolphins, humpback whales and majestic bald eagles diving for salmon. Angela is a tremendous guide; extremely knowledgeable, friendly and passionate about what she does - including providing her clients with an incredible one-of-a-kind experience. Our day was packed with excitement, we literally did not have any down time - Angela started the day with some Orca watching; the highlight was a "huge" male Orca that performed a full "flight" breach twice (he flew out of the water)...it was amazing. After the whale watching, Angela brought us into waters full of Dolphins - in no time, they were flying along side the Zodiac and I felt like I could literally reach out and touch them. It was as if they knew the excitement and jubilation they were creating on the Zodiac. My family was ecstatic! My wife, and three kids (ages 18, 16 & 12) were thrilled - it was an unforgettable experience. After witnessing a glorious humpback whale tail fluke, Angela found us a wonderful lunch spot on a small rock formation perched above the waters around us. The July weather was awesome. Angela provided a great lunch - simple, but filling. After lunch, we set out for more - I couldn't even imagine seeing anything more, but none of us wanted the experience to end. The scenery was incredible! In no time at all we saw another humpback whale and a minke whale. Then Angela zero'd in on some bald eagles. I've seen bald eagles before, but never so many at one time - and they were screeching at one another like I've never heard. One swooped out of the sky and fetched a large salmon from the ocean - see the enclosed picture (we were so close to him). While we got lucky so many times getting close to everything, Angela knew the boundaries and didn't endanger any animals. The Zodiac provided the ultimate adventure - close to the water, comfortable and fast to the sites. While some might think about opting for a whale watching experience in Victoria, Port Mcneill is in the heart of whale country and definitely not commercialized. We saw only a handful of other boats, and most of them were fishing boats. The area is absolutely beautiful - whether you're on the ocean or touring by car... it's definitely worth the drive. We stayed on Vancouver Island for about a week - our day with Angela was with out a doubt, the best day of our trip.Written November 2, 2010
Frequently Asked Questions about Port McNeill
- These are the best places for kid-friendly tours in Port McNeill:See more tours for children in Port McNeill on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking tours in Port McNeill:See more tours for groups in Port McNeill on Tripadvisor
- These are the most romantic places for tours in Port McNeill:See more romantic tours in Port McNeill on Tripadvisor