7 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- Although a long drive to get here the visit was well worth it. A beautiful recreation of the time of the Vikings. Make sure that you take in the short film and have a guided tour of the grounds. The staff members are very friendy and informativeWritten October 25, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There are two Viking sites at L'Anse aux Meadows. Norstead is a privately run site which portrays a reconstruction of a Viking Village.
The other Viking site nearby is an UNESCO and National Heritage site, which is run by Parks Canada.
L'Anse aux Meadows is believed to be the only North American site which was settled by Vikings. Norstead has numerous reconstructed Viking buildings. It also has a beautiful example of a Viking Ship.
If you are visiting L'Anse aux Meadows it is worthwhile going to both the Viking sites - there is not much else here! Very remote and isolated.Written October 22, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Once were we finished going through the village, we did the Viking trail... Beautiful scenery. Makes you appreciate how the Viking survived in this rugged climate. You can climb up to that statue and take you pic with the Vikings lolWritten July 28, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We arrived in L'Anse aux Meadows on a tender boat from a cruise ship anchored off shore. This monument was right next to the wharf where the tender put us ashore. Nicely done monument. A good photo stop.Written October 23, 2023
- A quick stop to see the offerings: a lovely assortment to depict the talent local artisans and local treasures.Written May 19, 2019
- A perfect way to stretch the kinks out while exploring lovely scnery and vistas. An easy trail with rest stops along the way. Take your time and enjoy the peaceful surroundings.Written May 19, 2019
- This store I felt had a nice selection of high quality items. Clothing, jewelry, pictures, books, calendars. Don't forget to get your stamp for the puffin stuffie promotion. Recommended after your viewing of the museum.Written August 12, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about L'Anse aux Meadows
- The most popular things to do in L'Anse aux Meadows with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in L'Anse aux Meadows on Tripadvisor