Nature & Wildlife Areas • Hiking Trails
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
74 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 74
What travellers are saying
- Even though the trail markers confused me it was hard to get lost on these pathways. Some areas can handle wheel chairs. Some areas require a bit of rock scramble. Beautiful variety of trees in these Halton Hills. Plenty of parking, gate security and reservations restrict numbers so it is so very peaceful.Written October 22, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful hike with the leaves changing colors! The soil was dry enough to make the hike with my baby in her stroller. At the mills ruins there was a fire pit and people can sit there and warm up.Written November 4, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing property, well maintained and staffed by wonderful employees.
Wonderful gift store with a wide variety of preserves, baked goods , books china etc. Something for everyone.
Excellent food service for lunch with adequate places to eat. Very family orientated placeWritten May 12, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Not a train enthusiast but saw a video on YouTube and thought it looked interesting. The tracks and the rides were good, but the collection in the barn was amazing. Very impressed with the amount of trains and the setup. The volunteers/staff were very friendly and ready to share information on the artifacts.
Spent 3 hours viewing the collection, taking 2 train rides and having lunch from the reasonably priced snack bar.
So glad I went, totally worth a visit.Written August 6, 2022
- I really wish to give credits to this organization, and wish to advise on taking farmers from Nigeria. That's what they are best in.Written July 13, 2022
- Water fun on the trail ,catch fishing hiking excellent trees.vert good experience to catch fishes.kids love it.Written July 19, 2020
- The lavender fields are stunning and fragrant. There are signs indicating not to cross the lavender plants, however the lavender is planted in very long rows. For people who have mobility issues, it is impossible to walk to the end of a row and back up to leave the field. Perhaps an access across the middle of the field would alleviate this issue. The yellow door provides a great photo shoot but a 45 minute wait to take a picture is ridiculous. People have to wait in the sun the whole time. On a very hot day this could cause dehydration for some people. I understand this door is a feature but perhaps you could have a yellow door in each lavender field to alleviate the wait for a photo op. The sunflower farm at the second farm area was lovely to walk in but the sunflowers were not as big as expected. The store was very pricey and the prices were not clearly set out. Marketing for this area needs to be greatly improved. The entrance fee for adults at $20 and children at $10 is extravagant for what you get --- a stroll beside lavender or sunflower in the sunshine. Terre Bleu is nice to see but once is enough.Written September 9, 2021
- I took my 5 1/2 year old here for a hike in July and we were blown away. It was our first and definitely not our last time.
The conservation area has many trails, a beautiful and unique lake, and best of all, it had tons of information about indigenous communities that once lived there. Seeing as we are already trying to learn more about Canada’s past and indigenous communities, this visit was amazing. There were replicas of longhouses, which very much intrigued my child. Unfortunately due to COVID stage 2 restrictions, they were closed for entry, but as stage 3 begins they will be accessible. We also visited the Three Sisters Garden. We visited that very informative area quickly as a ceremony was just about to begin there where an indigenous community was to plant in the garden.
We took a walk on the trail that borders Crawford Lake, which is entirely made up of a wooden boardwalk which, I believe is accessible to all. The lake was absolutely gorgeous. We could smell the fresh forest air and smell of cedars the entire walk.
We ran into a couple of park staff during our visit. They were hands down the most helpful and friendly park staff I have ever encountered (and I have visited many parks) The cozy little gift shop was filled with unique items. We purchased little dream catchers made by an indigenous community, and also picked up a childrens book that explains many issues going on in Canada regarding unfair treatment of indigenous communities (particularly children in this book)
Highly recommended!Written August 1, 2021
- Spent a few hours at the beach here with the kids and the wife. Kids enjoyed it. A beach in Milton is great to have nice and close lots of picnic areas on site tooWritten February 18, 2020
- If you like hiking, this is a place to visit in the fall before the ski season. The fall colors are so beautiful.Written February 15, 2020
- Stopped here on our travels, love the beer, people were nice and the popcorn as a snack was a nice additionWritten April 9, 2019
- My husband and I saw a 3hour musical called the American Icons including songs by imitators of Elvis Presley,Johnny Cash ,Roy Orbinson,Franki Vallee
.The acoustics are good and the Theaterr was sold outWritten November 14, 2019
- Nice building but a long wait for service... Need more staff there, and longer hours. It is the best way to deal with town hall - go in personWritten February 14, 2020
- First time at Milton Leisure Centre, and will be back.
Used the Family change room, only 2 change rooms, with 20 + full size lockers. Lockers are $1.00.
Great price of $14.00 for 2 adults and 2 kids ages 7 and 5.
Would recomendWritten May 25, 2019
- Great location. It would be better if this branch were open Sundays and Mondays too. Longer hours would be a plus as well on SaturdaysWritten February 14, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Milton