Science Museums • Educational sites
What travellers are saying
- We loved visiting the Hatfield Visitor Center! They have so many wonderful exhibits, for both adults and children. They have great touch pools. Octopus feedings, many hands on exhibits, again for for children and adults. We all (two adults and a 9 & 10 year old) enjoyed it a lot.Written September 9, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very cool stop. They give you a nice guided tour with the history of the lighthouse and the area. We're very happy we stopped there. The visitors center was terrific as well. Two short films at the visitors center were quite interesting.Written September 25, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Love that sea lions are allowed to congregate and socialize one with another on the rocks in the bay! Love all the seabirds too. Just love walking around there, have for 20 years and it's always wonderful ~Written November 26, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This bridge is as very nice to see we drove in the the park and got a good side view of bridge. 3 days later we drove across it to head home.Written June 20, 2023
- Such a beautiful place for a memorial for those who have been lost at sea! The benches are beautiful! The personal pictures of people who have lost their lives doing what they love the most! The big memorial has most names engraved on it. It is in the middle of beautiful walking paths here at the Yaquina Bay. It also offers a beautiful view of the ocean! It gives on the reminder to never turn your back on the ocean at any time!Written January 24, 2022
- Great place to try to catch crabs… might not be legal size but fun to see crabs in your castable foldable trap with just 10-15 minutes wait. Used both fish carcass and chicken and both will catch red rock and Dungeness crabs.Written July 28, 2023
- Frank V Wade offered 8.8 Acres for the youth. They have baseball and tennis.
Also he has made a flower garden,
What a great memorial!
Worthwhile to see!Written March 14, 2019
- I liked that the statue of Jesus was right next to the doors.
The church is made of red bricks.
There is a lot of natural light.
At the very top is the cross. Underneath is a bell.
The doors are very pretty.
Worthwhile to see!Written March 5, 2019
- I liked that church. It has a triangular and people come in through the triangular entrance.
The bricks are made of red bricks.
The day we were there they had a sermon called: Grumbling Vs. Grace. It was really interesting!
Inside the church is also triangular. The cross in the church is huge. People sit on wooden benches.
It is simple, but very friendly people.Written March 8, 2019
- The City Hall Newport is quite big and attractive. The Newport is white and the roof is grey.
The three flags were up: united States, Oregon and the municipal flag.
Worthwhile to see!Written February 27, 2019
- The church is white. It has a tower and lots of windows.
They feed the homeless. I like that!
The people who come in this church are dedicated to help others.
Worthwhile to see!Written February 25, 2019
- I liked that church as well. It has a large playground, a large cgurch and lots of parking.
The roof is grey.
The day we were there the sermon was: Who are you Lord?
They have a nice organ. Wow!
It seems that everyone cares here.
Worthwhile to see!Written March 8, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Newport
- These are the best places for couples seeking sights & landmarks in Newport:See more sights & landmarks for couples in Newport on Tripadvisor