What travellers are saying
- I’ve done a few glass blowing sessions before at other places but this was definitely the most hands on and fun session I have done. Jeff was an excellent and patient teacher, it was easy to follow his instruction and he let me do most of the work and only jumped in for the more advanced steps in the process. My husband and I had a wonderful time. Picked up our pieces the next day and my finished piece came out beautiful! I highly recommend doing a glass blowing session with Jeff at the Hot Shop when in Newport. You can reserve a session on his website..Written September 19, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My husband, some friends and I signed up to make a project here. Amelia was a great instructor and pretty funny too. She gave us very clear instructions and helped us every step of the way. Additionally, she was very careful to keep us safe from all of the VERY hot tools and implements. We made paperweights, a bowl and a Christmas ornament. Overall a really fun and unique experience.Written July 31, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We spent about an hour here and enjoyed looking at the paintings. We came away with two paintings we really like. The staff were very friendly and helpful.Written August 29, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Out West Photography is a must see if you love the Oregon coast. Ben King is the photographer and his eye for beauty is amazing. Fishing boats, sea lions, and the coast guard are often featured. You will also see the Yaquina Bay Bridge and the king tides at Depoe Bay. His shop can be found in Aquarium Village on the South Beach side of the Yaquina Bay Bridge.Written November 7, 2023
- This is a new gallery on the west end of the bayfront in Newport, near the Coast Guard station. They own a gallery in Salem as well.
I admit I'm not really into art. Whilst I enjoy looking at nice paintings and appreciate the talent it takes, I seem to always get "sticker shock" in an art gallery ;-)
This one has a good selection of different styles and subjects. Some paintings were whimsical; others serious. There is an upstairs gallery (no elevator) that has a collection of Disney artwork. The gallery also has a variety of sculptures and glass works. Everything was very nice.
The gallery has big windows and was filled with light on the sunny day I was there.
The clerk was friendly and personable, even though she realized I was just a "lookie loo"!Written April 2, 2016
- We were staying in Yachats and had booked in advance since there were 6 of us! It was really helpful that you had samples of all the different objects we could make. Once we got going it was amazing! I was scared that the glass would just fall off, but you reassured me that you wouldn't let me fail and I came away with a beautiful bowl. The rest of my family had fun, too and we've placed our glass pieces in our home. Thanks for such a great memory!Written May 13, 2023
- So as you walk the short section of Newport's beach walk area of shops and restaurants you may stumble upon this sweet little gem of an art gallery. It is a collective of local artist which shows real class. All the art is worthy of shows in much larger cities across the counrty. I am amazed! The very friendly and helpful folks who run the gallery are actually the artist themselves, what better way to get to know more about their masterpieces than to chat with them right there and not wait to some distant openning night of their featured work. The prices are quite well set. Go Enjoy!Written August 30, 2019
- Chuck Forinash is an amazing local coastal photographer and his gallery is filled with many of his works, from simple prints to elegant framings! We just got one of his latest, the Yaquina Bay Bridge with snow in the foreground, a rare sight indeed!Written January 7, 2020
- This gallery is one that you do not immediately notice. However, once you enter, you are immediately enchanted by the variety of the art. Some is more natural in nature, other pieces are breathtaking in their complexity. Artisans are there at different times and can teach you things about the art and/or Coast. Well worth popping in for a look.Written November 7, 2017