Boat Tours • Dolphin & Whale Watching
What travellers are saying
- Excellent tour enjoyed by all of our family group ranging in age from 7-81. We were fortunate to see a large number of whales. The grandkids loved the activities put on by the naturalists. Dropping crab traps in the water on the way out and checking on them on the way back. Holding the crabs content in knowing that they were going back in the ocean. A fun day had by all.Written September 2, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- An outstanding fishing experience! Captain Mike and First-mate Robert on the Miss Raven were terrific fishing guides. We these fellows were kind, very attentive and certainly put us on the fish! We caught our limit of Rock Fish and Cod and also took home 12 Dungeons Crabs each! We fish a lot and have fished on dozens of charters around the country. This was a great experience and inexpensive. There were several children on the boat and everyone caught fish and took home their limit!Written August 7, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Surf school was a terrific learning experience for me. The surf coaches are awesome. I attended three days of surf school spread out over this summer and had three terrific sets of coaches. The people at Ossies are very helpful and supportive. The vibe is very inclusive and supportive of beginners. The camaraderie of learning in a group was fun. I saw individuals learning alongside me, as well as groups of children, couples, and friends. Big respect to Ossies for creating an inclusive way to help people try surfing. I'm at day 15 as a beginner this summer and love surfing. I hope to keep learning through Ossies. Also, they put on cool events to check out, such as movie and music nights.
If you are thinking about trying surfing, know that a 44 year old dude with cancer took that path just before you through Ossies and it has changed his life! You can do it!Written August 20, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great way to spend the afternoon. We enjoyed paddling, saw seal and sea lions, pelicans, cormorants and other birds. The guides were great.Written August 4, 2023
- The fishing trip was good but you get sort of ripped off with pricing. We went for a half day bottom fishing and crabbing, didn’t tell us that besides the additional license, there is an addition of $20 added on., found out at the time to check in not on the phone in advance. Then to pack the fish it was supposed to be $5, was told that and it was on the sign as $5, but since ours weren’t filleted, it was $11! $1.25 Just left feeling a bit ripped off. Better communication would be much nicer.
But the fishing was good, great crew, good boat, nice day.Written May 23, 2018
- As someone who isn’t very experienced with fishing I’ve always been nervous going out, but captain Dan And his crew on the Umatilla II have always made me and my guests feel at ease. Took my brother and sister-in-law from Texas out and they had a blast! They won’t stop talking about the massive lings they got and the ukulele tunes captain played for us while enjoying the beautiful views of the Oregon coast! Every time I have gone everyone has got limits, even on the first weekend of Halibut! It’s always great fish, great laughs, great views with some incredible people!Written May 13, 2019
- Cap’t and Chantelle are fantastic! We caught 24 rockfish and 41 crab. The boat was super comfortable and very well equipped. They went above and beyond making our trip as memorable as possible. Zero complaints. If you can book this trip, DO IT!Written October 21, 2023
- It was fun watching and hearing the seals!!! The smell is not so great, but It doesn’t deter one from watching them in action.Written September 30, 2020
- The Ocean Captain is a very good vessel. All safety gear in place, knowledgeable professionals run the boat and do a great job explaining safety features of the vessel as well as how to operate the gear. They operate safely and professionally. They put us squarely on the fish time and time again. When fishing is slow as it sometimes can be for any boat and any crew, these guys try extremely hard and put in the extra effort to get fish on board. The experience was awesome, could not ask for more in a boat or crew. When back to dock we were courteously and professionally de boarded, the fish cleaners at the dock and crab cookers are top notch, the front office at captains reel where this vessel operates out of were top notch and courteous as well. Huge bonus, unlike the other charters there in Newport, there is plenty of parking in the embarcadero lot, the office gives you a mirror tag and the parking is free. Handicap ramp and ease of parking is a huge plus here.Written September 5, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Newport
- These are the best places for kid-friendly boat tours & water sports in Newport:See more boat tours & water sports for children in Newport on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for boat tours & water sports in Newport:See more boat tours & water sports for adrenaline seekers in Newport on Tripadvisor