What travellers are saying
- We liked that the weather allowed us to go to the various outdoor exhibits at the aquarium without getting rained on! We especially enjoyed watching the little cute sea otters (AKA "sea pigs"!!) get fed at 3 PM as the cute little one closest to us had the crab leg shells tossed to it cracked open and had gobbled the meat of the crab leg down within about 5 total seconds while the fish pieces that were tossed to it were gone in about ONE second!! I told the little girl in her dad's arms next to us watching that they were "little pigs" and her dad had to explain the joke in that! At least two exhibit buildings were closed due to having fairly loud work going on in them, so as much as they could, the staff had moved marine life from those areas to other spots on the grounds and in the buildings. Because it was my birthday on the day we went, I was given a VERY nice discount for the entrance! Thank you to the staff!!Written December 6, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We loved visiting the Hatfield Visitor Center! They have so many wonderful exhibits, for both adults and children. They have great touch pools. Octopus feedings, many hands on exhibits, again for for children and adults. We all (two adults and a 9 & 10 year old) enjoyed it a lot.Written September 9, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We stopped here for lunch and had a small wait. This is odd to mention but whatever that smell is outside of the brewery is punch in the gut sewer garbage smell. But don't worry, you can't smell that inside. There is a nice waiting area and gift shop. We were told there were tasters in there but no one was there to serve them until we were called for our table. My family shared a beer flight and enjoyed their drinks (try the chocolate stout and dead guy brew!). I had a drink with their homemade gin, cucumber and lime (it was sooooo good). Our server seemed to be having a hard time and left in the middle of our meal. After he left, someone did come over and take over our table giving us a better experience. I had a salmon sandwich on a gluten free bun (I mention this because this is one of the best gf buns I have ever had - get it toasted) and the large piece of salmon and homemade sauce was amazing. Other people at the table had fish and chips and they all enjoyed them. Nice view of the water. Some areas of the restaurant do need to be cleaned (the windows by our table looked like small children had been rubbing hands on them for years, foggy to look out into the view). But overall, good food and drinks.Written August 25, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It's older and a bit dated now. Expensive to see all that is offered and doesn't take long to go through. Reading is a huge deal here and some displays cheesy. Kids might find it fun but the older adult may think it's a waste of money.Written June 15, 2023
- Such a beautiful place for a memorial for those who have been lost at sea! The benches are beautiful! The personal pictures of people who have lost their lives doing what they love the most! The big memorial has most names engraved on it. It is in the middle of beautiful walking paths here at the Yaquina Bay. It also offers a beautiful view of the ocean! It gives on the reminder to never turn your back on the ocean at any time!Written January 24, 2022
- I’ve done a few glass blowing sessions before at other places but this was definitely the most hands on and fun session I have done. Jeff was an excellent and patient teacher, it was easy to follow his instruction and he let me do most of the work and only jumped in for the more advanced steps in the process. My husband and I had a wonderful time. Picked up our pieces the next day and my finished piece came out beautiful! I highly recommend doing a glass blowing session with Jeff at the Hot Shop when in Newport. You can reserve a session on his website..Written September 19, 2021
- We took a family vacation to the Oregon Coast and stayed in Newport. My son loves anything having to do with pirates so we stopped her while driving around the area. He loved it! It's a fun shop to roam around in for a bit!Written March 5, 2020
- Wax Works is exactly the type of wax museum I enjoy. It is not the polished and boring Madame Tussaud variety that you find in big cities. Instead it is a quirky, uneven, and sometimes inaccurate curiosity that you see in smaller tourist meccas. While they do have a number of newer exhibits, they also have plenty of quirky classics like a chamber of horrors, bigfoot, DB Cooper, and Star Wars. Combined with Ripley's this is a no brainer must visit for all roadside attraction lovers. My only wish is that it was a little longer. Check it out and enjoy the funky atmosphere.Written May 13, 2023
- It was worth the $5 to see the exhibits, but the highlight is their theater and learning about the early history of highway 101, the resorts and how folks vacationed in those days. We didn't have an hour to watch all the individual films, so I will definitely be going back!Written November 13, 2019
- Incredible views of the harbor, great interior, decorated with local art, and to top it off Catherine will make you feel like family! My last eat acquisitions from the tasting room.Written February 14, 2020
- We spent about an hour here and enjoyed looking at the paintings. We came away with two paintings we really like. The staff were very friendly and helpful.Written August 29, 2022
- Nice looking home. It is a museum now. They cover about their family. The house is huge!
Thomas, the father started to take pictures in 1900, especially of the new cars.
The Indians used to live in this town.
Lots of pictures and events that happened the last century.
We saw some baskets, school desks and some information about the Yaquina Bay Bridge.
They covered how people lived here.
It was quite interesting to learn from the past.
Worthwhile to see!Written February 26, 2019
- We were staying in Yachats and had booked in advance since there were 6 of us! It was really helpful that you had samples of all the different objects we could make. Once we got going it was amazing! I was scared that the glass would just fall off, but you reassured me that you wouldn't let me fail and I came away with a beautiful bowl. The rest of my family had fun, too and we've placed our glass pieces in our home. Thanks for such a great memory!Written May 13, 2023
- We had a great time! We got a slow start and I was starting to worries that we wouldn’t escape, but once we figured out the first few puzzles it started to all come together!
Five stars! Would recommend this to anyone visiting Newport.Written May 28, 2023
- The staff at the front door welcomed us and we took time to to browse in this MIO outpost on the bay front. All kinds of local items and souvenirs with a good inventory of items.Written November 6, 2020