- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- A great spot to spend an afternoon, small fee to enter, a small hike to the lighthouse, they have tours every hr (in august) very informative by a history major , the grounds are a possibility for whale sightings. You can also trek down wooden stairs to a grey pebble
beach which is scenic. A definite recommend stop on the coast lineWritten September 30, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We loved visiting the Hatfield Visitor Center! They have so many wonderful exhibits, for both adults and children. They have great touch pools. Octopus feedings, many hands on exhibits, again for for children and adults. We all (two adults and a 9 & 10 year old) enjoyed it a lot.Written September 9, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We stayed in a hotel directly across from Nye Beach. It's a very pretty area. The beach is very wide with rolling dunes (small) across the sands. The sunsets are great.Written September 5, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of my many stops on oregon coast drive. The formation is alot bigger than the photos displayed. Its about 40 ft across and you cannot keep looking down at the hole...mesmerizingWritten September 30, 2023
- Very cool stop. They give you a nice guided tour with the history of the lighthouse and the area. We're very happy we stopped there. The visitors center was terrific as well. Two short films at the visitors center were quite interesting.Written September 25, 2023
- Very cool experience. Nce to see a fishing harbor in action. Fishing boats coming in and unloading the daily catch. Some to local restaurants, some to a packing plant located right at the docks, even saw locals stopping there to buy fresh fish.
The sea lions put on quite a show as well. A must see.Written September 25, 2023
- Chose this place for our first yurt experience. It did not disappoint! It is the way to go when you have young kids. The yurt was exactly like the pictures I saw online. It even had electricity which was great because I could charge my phone.
The location is perfect. Not too far from Portland, and a short walk to the beach. We did bring our stroller on the walk and while it was good for a while, it got too sandy and we had to ditch the stroller.
The beach was quiet. We had it pretty much to ourselves! Our dog loved it too!
We were able to buy a lighter and firewood when we got there.Written August 24, 2023
- This bridge is as very nice to see we drove in the the park and got a good side view of bridge. 3 days later we drove across it to head home.Written June 20, 2023
- This a great place to stop for an amazing view. You can easily blow past if you’re not paying attention. It worth a stop to take in the moment and get centeredWritten July 27, 2023
- We stopped here for lunch and had a small wait. This is odd to mention but whatever that smell is outside of the brewery is punch in the gut sewer garbage smell. But don't worry, you can't smell that inside. There is a nice waiting area and gift shop. We were told there were tasters in there but no one was there to serve them until we were called for our table. My family shared a beer flight and enjoyed their drinks (try the chocolate stout and dead guy brew!). I had a drink with their homemade gin, cucumber and lime (it was sooooo good). Our server seemed to be having a hard time and left in the middle of our meal. After he left, someone did come over and take over our table giving us a better experience. I had a salmon sandwich on a gluten free bun (I mention this because this is one of the best gf buns I have ever had - get it toasted) and the large piece of salmon and homemade sauce was amazing. Other people at the table had fish and chips and they all enjoyed them. Nice view of the water. Some areas of the restaurant do need to be cleaned (the windows by our table looked like small children had been rubbing hands on them for years, foggy to look out into the view). But overall, good food and drinks.Written August 25, 2022
- One of my favorite areas for beachcombing for agates, fishing, clamming and watching a beautiful sunset. If you go to the Wayside, you can park a RV and walk under the tunnel to the beach. Some of the other areas are not easy to get your rigs in and out. The one off Ocean View is smaller and I don't recommend trying. If you can drive down, it's worth it to watch the most beautiful sunset on a cloudyless or semi cloudy day.Written June 15, 2023
- Such a beautiful place for a memorial for those who have been lost at sea! The benches are beautiful! The personal pictures of people who have lost their lives doing what they love the most! The big memorial has most names engraved on it. It is in the middle of beautiful walking paths here at the Yaquina Bay. It also offers a beautiful view of the ocean! It gives on the reminder to never turn your back on the ocean at any time!Written January 24, 2022
- Nice little market on the korner! Lots of produce which is always nice. We bought some of the best hummus from one of the vendors. Wishing I’d have purchased more.Written September 13, 2023
- Great place to try to catch crabs… might not be legal size but fun to see crabs in your castable foldable trap with just 10-15 minutes wait. Used both fish carcass and chicken and both will catch red rock and Dungeness crabs.Written July 28, 2023
- We took a family vacation to the Oregon Coast and stayed in Newport. My son loves anything having to do with pirates so we stopped her while driving around the area. He loved it! It's a fun shop to roam around in for a bit!Written March 5, 2020