Nature & Wildlife Areas
What travellers are saying
- We have a parks permit and it was good to see an old lighthouse still working. We wanted to go inside, but the top is 105 steps up and at 75, out of my range. We talked with the Park Ranger about this and the closed lighthouse on the south side of Newport. This is worth the time.Written November 13, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The exhibits that were open were amazing. Did not realize that some of the main exhibits were closed for construction, so a little disappointed by that, but understand that is required for improvements. We overall enjoyed our visit and learned so much.
My one negative comment would be that the gal at the ticket booth was rude and condescending, and therefore started things off on a negative note that took a bit to recover from. Initial impressions are everything!!Written November 29, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We loved visiting the Hatfield Visitor Center! They have so many wonderful exhibits, for both adults and children. They have great touch pools. Octopus feedings, many hands on exhibits, again for for children and adults. We all (two adults and a 9 & 10 year old) enjoyed it a lot.Written September 9, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of my many stops on oregon coast drive. The formation is alot bigger than the photos displayed. Its about 40 ft across and you cannot keep looking down at the hole...mesmerizingWritten September 30, 2023
- Nye Beach is a small neighborhood of Newport and the most charming part of town. By itself - it almost feels like it’s own small beach town. The beach is awesome for walking and the area has lots of great eats. Highly recommend Stefanies Cafe for breakfast and Nanas or Sorrellas for dinner.Written November 12, 2023
- Very cool stop. They give you a nice guided tour with the history of the lighthouse and the area. We're very happy we stopped there. The visitors center was terrific as well. Two short films at the visitors center were quite interesting.Written September 25, 2023
- Chose this place for our first yurt experience. It did not disappoint! It is the way to go when you have young kids. The yurt was exactly like the pictures I saw online. It even had electricity which was great because I could charge my phone.
The location is perfect. Not too far from Portland, and a short walk to the beach. We did bring our stroller on the walk and while it was good for a while, it got too sandy and we had to ditch the stroller.
The beach was quiet. We had it pretty much to ourselves! Our dog loved it too!
We were able to buy a lighter and firewood when we got there.Written August 24, 2023
- We thought we would come down to the park again, paid an entrance fee and began down the road. So peaceful, took tons of pictures and this day was ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!Written August 6, 2023
- Excellent tour enjoyed by all of our family group ranging in age from 7-81. We were fortunate to see a large number of whales. The grandkids loved the activities put on by the naturalists. Dropping crab traps in the water on the way out and checking on them on the way back. Holding the crabs content in knowing that they were going back in the ocean. A fun day had by all.Written September 2, 2023