19 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- Great gallery! Visit every year. Absolutely LOVE the building, but also all the art. I always come to see the spirit of Tom Thomson and the group of seven show. Can’t wait to see next years!Written September 4, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- You must include a lingering visit to the Edwards Gallery in Kagawong while on the Manitoulin Island! Rick Edwards is a gifted painter of iconic Northern Ontario landscapes. White pine trees perched upon rocky islands - ethereal light-saturated canvases evoking almost a mystical feel of the beauty of the place. Barbara Edwards creates lovely fused glass artwork, and stunning jewelry, and she also weaves! They do have works by their son, Morgan Edwards as well as some lovely pottery by regional artists. Serigraphs, and prints are also available. We had the pleasure of meeting both Rick and Barbara on our two visits there this past month.Written September 1, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- You will be greeted by the artist Ann Beam and her cat Peachy. Ann is quite and interesting person and quite spiritual. This is reflected in her artwork and also in her deceased husband Carl.
You will be entertained!Written August 11, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of my favorite places on the island. Just a couple minutes walk from the ferry. Beautiful handcrafted Canadian artwork, pottery, and jewelery are available. Definitely worth the drive! Just re-opened after extensive renovations.Written August 27, 2021
- Took a drive to different places throughout the island. When we reached this one.....WOW....breathtaking. Unbelievable and unforgettable. Simon was so friendly and his prints each had a story to tell. He showed us the series he was finishing for a showing in New York gallery for the blind. Yes the blind. Each painting was black with a textured picture and braille. The event was being held in the dark with a blind person leading a seeing person where the blind person tells what the painting is about. Amazing work. The life size painting were out of this world. Very much a must stop location.Written August 28, 2019
- Odd hours . I bought several things and wanted everything in the store. Small but packed full of special gems.Written August 3, 2023
- We visited on a day marked by random thunder and hail, but the view was still breathtaking. The Trading Post itself is large and well stocked with apparel and many indigenous themed pieces of art and giftware. I got a sweater that was probably thirty dollars cheaper than I expected it to be. There are gifts at all price points here.Written August 6, 2023
- We dropped by the store while visiting the nearby farmers market. Such a cute place packed with everything to satisfy a chocoholic! Fudge, chocolate bars - candy - it was all great! We loved the chocolate covered raisins and almonds. Staff was super friendly. When we came back from the farmers market, there was a lineup out the door!
A definite must see when in Kagawong. Prices are super reasonable too and everything was delicious!!!Written August 4, 2022
- Helen is a wonderful multimedia artist and has managed to bring together several talented artists and showcase their original art-pieces: from jewellery, to paintings, to pottery, as well as this month's exhibit, "Five Lenses", stunning photographs of local landmarks. The Studio is located next to the new Live Edge Restaurant and the Inn at Gore Bay! Such a great addition to the Town of Gore Bay! I will be visiting often!Written June 21, 2018
- Beautifully restored house from 1876. The 100 acre farm was purchased back then for $100. Not only is this a wonderful store, the owner took the time to answer all of our questions that came about while travelling the island. She shared some great insights and we found some great items for home. Do yourself a favour and make a point of visiting this business.Written September 24, 2021
- Excellent quality clothing made on the premises. Original designs are intriguing. Good value and long lasting! Always feels better to shop Canadian and support local business.Written August 7, 2019
- While killing time waiting for the ferry, I wandered into this lovely store. The selection of items is huge, and the prices very reasonable, i had to restrain myself! I was able to treat myself to a purse and some last minute gift items for friends.
(Note - I did not stay in the motel, I only visited the store. )Written October 12, 2021
- 🐎🐃This is a family run business which has been owned by the Ward family for in the area of 100 years. For local people, it would be the first place to go if you need/want something. From hardware, to clothing, food, fresh veg and meats, cold cuts, LCBO products, building materials, newspapers, and a local bulletin board listing everything going on in the area, it’s all there. I Ross and Susan are terrific at promoting the area, and their bulletin boards provide a venue where locals and visitors can intersect. PS..lottery tickets are also available!Written June 3, 2018
- A wonderful collection of "home made" soaps, lotions and bath salts. Great for presents. The ingredients are Pure and so worth buying these .Written September 21, 2020