*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Clean and friendly beach with plenty of dining options in the town. We visited in shoulder season (October) and hope to come back again the same time of year.Written October 15, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is always a MUST DO stop for us when we visit San Pancho. They are doing wonderful things in the community. The food at the Bistro is good and there are lots of interesting things for sale in the Recicla Shop. Plus they have some books for sale. I highly recommend it!Written February 28, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was one of the highlights of our trip to the Jalisco/Nayarit area. We spent a week traveling around and this, plus the petroglyphs at Altavista. The garden is the life work of our guide Jose, who has been working on it for 20 years. There are amazing varieties of orchids and other plants, birds and other wildlife. We visited in the low season (Jan-Mar) for flowering, but there was still a lot to see and enjoy, and Jose gives great background on the place. If you are into the diversity of life this is a great place to visit. It is not easy to find though, and Apple maps sends you the wrong way through San Pancho along the coast (Waze couldn't find it). You follow carretera 200 northbound from San Pancho, and then exit on your left into Las Lomas. Then you follow the unpaved road for a few miles until you get to a 4 way fork in the road, where you see a sign for Av Orchidea. you follow that for another half mile to get to the garden, but best to call ahead. In our case, the owner Alejandro asked for Jose to come and meet us in Las Lomas and he then led us there. Talk about hospitality!!Written March 21, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our guide was awesome. He met us at our hotel in San Pancho and we followed about 25 minutes north to the small town that we pushed off from. It was just my wife and I so we got the guide all to ourselves. He was a man in his 60s we think and has lived a very adventurous life. He knew a lot about the area and kept us entertained for the 2 hour trip. It was hot being there was no wind that day, but the ocean was calm so the trip was easy. We stopped on a small secluded beach on the way back and spent 30 minutes or so exploring the beach and swimming. It was great experience and we highly recommend it.Written March 12, 2020
- So glad to find this wonderful store in San Pancho! The owners, Layne and Ricardo, have traveled throughout Mexico to find beautiful and unique handmade items for every budget and style. I especially like their textiles and ceramics. The store is enchanting and inspiring and I can't wait to visit them again soon!Written January 13, 2019
- Was just here today (Nov 22). It’s like a farmer’s market in the United States. They have some pretty nice hand-crafted jewelry, crochet animals/characters, hats, wood plates/serve ware, blankets, beach attire, artwork, and some other goods. Several food choices there, including some local entrees, sausage dishes, etc. Ended up buying some fresh produce and random items like figs, cacao powder, and artisanal bread. The Mercado was relatively small, so not comparable to something like a flea market. The live music is one of the best things there. Not sure if they play there every week, but they were entertaining. For those that want to know, there was a set of bathrooms there, but required a 15 peso charge. If you’re in town for a meal, just use the restroom at those establishments. If the kids get bored, there’s a playground in the Plaza along with a full basketball court. Hope that’s helpful. Feel free to ask any questions!Written November 22, 2022
- Not only is this a beautiful 9 hole course, but the restaurant serves up some wonderful food, and plentiful. Shrimp anything is delicious. The course was previously an orchard and is presently well manicured. Karen and Tony keep things running and cater to individual needs. Some challenges with "the bowling alley", water hazards, and sand traps.Written February 3, 2019
- I was lucky enough to book with Angelica during my San Pancho stay. She is such a wonderful masseuse! I felt so relaxed and taken care of. She is truly a gifted healer who knows exactly what to work on to help you feel your best. She really cares and took the time to explain to me afterward anything she noticed, which was so nurturing. The space is lovely and peaceful. My daughter had a massage by Karla and loved it so much too. We are already hoping to make a return trip to San Pancho next year and can’t wait to return to Angelica Spa.Written August 9, 2023
- Excellent service! We rented for a week and were very glad we did. Our house was a bit out of city center. We had a small problem with our cart one evening and they had a repairman out early the next day to evaluate it. He brought a replacement cart within a few hours. Fantastic.Written March 25, 2023
- Leaned a ton about cacao and brought home some deliciousness. Definitely a do-not-miss spot in San Pancho.Written March 22, 2020
- We so enjoyed our time in their shop. I was just browsing when I realized their work was such that I wanted a new ring to celebrate our 50th Anniversary. Fabio took one of the rings they had and added my diamond to that ring. They are so trustworthy. It was ready the day he told us to come backWritten April 16, 2018
- The beach club is in a lovely setting right next to the northern part of the San Pancho beach. The facilities are modern and spotless, the beach chairs and pools comfortable and welcoming , as is the staff. Visitors can buy a day pass for 500 Mexican pesos. My only minor complaint is that the food at the restaurant can be overly fussy and fancy sometimes. I think some simpler food would be more suited to the overall setting. But all in all, a great place to sit next to the beach and watch the ocean.Written March 17, 2023
- I visited Pepe on a solo trip after having done some research on local shamanic practice and traditions. On the day we met, he took me to see petroglyphs in the jungle and later that day, he facilitated a temezcal ceremony for me. Every aspect of my visit was thoughtfully planned out and I greatly enjoyed the wealth of information he shared with me throughout the day. Pepe has spent years in spiritual training under the guidance of his elders, and it shows--I can't recommend a more insightful and talented shamanic guide.Written December 7, 2023
- I had two relaxing massages here. My masseuse was Helena. She was a wonderful person and a healer. I loved her energy.Written March 12, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about San Francisco
- The best outdoor activities in San Francisco according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in San Francisco on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from San Francisco according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Full Day Private Tour to Sayulita and San Pancho
- Discover The Colors Of Sayulita & San Pancho
- Private Sayulita and San Pancho Beach Towns Tour
San Francisco Attractions Information
|Saturday 11:36 a.m.|