Top Attractions in New Braunfels
What travellers are saying
- I really wanted to check out the Gruene Historic District the last time I was in New Braunfels, but the parking was impossible. I was there on a Friday. I would recommend trying to go earlier in the week if you're wanting to actually park and walk around.Written January 25, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of the most awesome parks within New Braunfels. Lots of things to do and always feel safe. The trails are nice and viewing the birds & wildlife is always enjoyable. They have a train that runs thru it that the kids and young parents love. Also a pretty nice pool and water feature. Definitely a place to come and have a picnic. I often bring a lunch here to enjoy it.Written December 14, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There’s a lot to do in New Braunfels TX!! But make sure to visit the Hill Country Craft Beer Fest. We have not missed one since visiting here . Typically, it’s held in the Spring. Adults , only . 21 & over. Great Music to go along with the crafted beer . If you don’t like beer , there’s also crafted alcoholic cider (my favorite). Friendly place, lots of space and organized parking. Fabulous eats too !! Looking forward to Spring 2023 event !Written December 14, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Going down the river is a tube gives you a time to visit and make new friends. Leave at the park for a minor feed and you are on your way.Written September 24, 2022
- It doesn't look like much from the road, but this is a nice little zoo! It has nearly every type of snake you can imagine. They have multiple other reptiles like caiman, gators, bearded dragons. Currently, about 50% of the animals in this zoo are snakes, so if you don't like snakes, you probably won't like this zoo.
Outside, they do have multiple types of primates and birds.
They have a nice petting zoo with goats, a cow, and a very friendly Llama.
They have otters, warthogs, lions, leopards, and a few other larger animals.
There are free range chickens and peacocks everywhere which you may feed, lots of fun.
Overall, it's a nice little place, but it is very small. I hope they continue to add to it.Written July 13, 2022
- Great area to spend some time. There are beach areas you can go to for swimming, and you can use kayaks, jetskis or boat on the lake. There are rental places to get these things from if needed. Many houses for rent, airbnb, vrbo, etc that are close or right on the lake. I really like this area.Written July 10, 2021
- Love this park, have been coming since I was a kid and still have just as much fun today! The water comes from the river so take that into consideration going down the slides as it most likely won't be the clear water you typically anticipate at waterparks.
Really unique view of the river from certain points of the park, including a slingshot ride that is totally worth it. WEAR SUNSCREEN!Written September 9, 2022
- Beautiful scenery, pretty river, interesting history of the bridge. Very peaceful. A must see when in the area. There are benches on the bridge to sit and watch the ducks and the fisherman.Written December 16, 2022
- Age range: toddler - 1st grade
* more play focused than education focused
We go to children's museums all over the country and I feel this is one of the nicer ones we have been to. It's not huge, but it has a good variety of indoor exhibits such as hospital, doctor's office, and ambulance that lights up. It has an outer space section with a space walk that might be a little intense for kids with sensory processing issues. It's got bright red lights down the hall that lead to a room of stars where it is pitch black. You must feel your way out. But it was a lot of fun! It has several forced air exhibits. There's a bank and grocery store. There's a western section, forest/camping section with a bat cave, and indoor playhouse, and a toddler section. The outdoor section features lots of water table play and musical instruments along with a very nice playground, all covered with fans.
In addition the gift shop was really nice stuff like Melissa and Doug and STEM, not just garbage.Written July 13, 2022
- It’s was very fun we saw Black Atom here. It was easy to buy tickets they had a food court and a playground if you have kids. It’s only 3 screen so they have a limited movies to show you listen to the movie thru the radio. But I would definitely recommend for and family night or date night.Written November 6, 2022
- What a wonderful City. This museum tells how the town started in the late 1800's when German Nobles brought unsatisfied German citizens to start a new life. It was here where one of the first Texas public schools was started. A nice tour. Oh, don't forget to stop at Krause's Cafe and Biergarten for some good German food.Written June 20, 2022
- We visited this nice winery last Friday. The lady who served us was very nice and helpful. We bought 2 bottles of their ice wine and Strawberry Riesling which were very good. We tried a couple of others which were also good but we decided we'd rather have 2 bottles of each of the ice wine and Riesling. Their ice wine was on par with a bottle we bought in the Niagara (NY) area which was twice the price.Written October 10, 2022
- Amazing time. Everyone had the best hospitality service you could ask for. Teagan the bartender and Cayden at Lokis Axe Throwing had the best customer service. Lived here for 2 years and never knew this place existed. Came for axe throwing and ended up having lunch and spending hours here. Will definitely be back.Written April 24, 2022
- The slow moving river gives you plenty of opportunity to see people and ducts floating as well as cascading water.Written September 24, 2022
- The environment is beautiful. The staff was attentive. Wine was amazing. We will definitely be back.Written January 16, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about New Braunfels
New Braunfels Attractions Information
|Local Time||Wednesday 9:36 p.m.|