- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
14 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- we did the bike ride along the Jackson river and it was wonderful. A great trail to ride with kids! We will do it again!Written August 29, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We experienced this area in November as a part of hiking trip as it is included in the resort trail system. Very interesting to explore. The slope seems relatively easy and user friendly.
You can still see the area where a trestle system used to haul the skiers to the top of main ski run. Now the chair lift does that. The views are pretty, especially the autumn foliage around. I can only imagine how lovely it must be when covered by snow.Written November 18, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The trail is rather easy but not boring . Very scenic views. Colorful in November. Elevation gain is a little over 500 feet. RecommendedWritten November 18, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A hidden gem! Authentic trail riding, horses were amazing and group leader was safe and educational! Can book private groups too for an intimate family experience! Must visit if you enjoy riding!Written August 17, 2022
- The food was mediocre for the price, but the room and the resort and service was luxurious and comfortable.Really liked the accomodations, and the friendliness of staff, especially person at the desk named Katie Holloway. She gave our 50th wedding anniversary special attention.Written March 1, 2022
- The staff was excellent! The golf course is in great shape. More Challenging of the 2 courses at The Homestead. Bring extra golf balls and bug spray. They have a pro shop to purchased shirts, etc as well as grill for food and drinks. Next time we are in the area we would definitely play again.Written June 14, 2022
- My wife treated me to a world premiere performance from a winning composer from Ukraine that was presented by the in-house piano quintet in late July as part of my birthday celebration. We had never been to this location and felt very welcomed and surprised that such a gem was located so very close to Hot Springs where we were staying. The music was exceptional, and the surprise dinner was delightful and a lovely surprise that I never expected. Our table companions were a delight to eat with and it is too bad we live in the Tidewater and cannot make more trips to the Garth Newel Music Center for it is truly a gem in the hills. As a musical family, we were both pleased. Keep up the good work.Written August 2, 2022
- Great food. I love their nachos! Kids had the pretzels and pizza and they enjoyed those as well. We will be back!Written August 29, 2022
- played the course recently with a group of 8 (played 2 times in 3 days). first tee times of the day so a bit of dew on the ground. surprisingly they let us go out. With that said, service at the course is excellent. The course is in great shape. Neat layout with 6 ea. par 3's, 4's and 5's. playing from the back tees still challenging for all handicaps. With the elevation changes, the views of the course and the surrounding areas is spectacular. bit of history on number 1 tee...it is the oldest continuously operating 1st tee in the country. Must do when in the area!Written October 5, 2020
- Debra is the best at conducting massage therapy. I always make time for a massage with her when visiting Hot Springs. She is always friendly and personable. It's a very relaxing and peaceful time during the massage. She knows how to work all of the aches and pains throughout your body! Highly recommend her services!Written September 7, 2021
- We went for the long weekend and our experience overall was disappointing. We have been going here as a couple and as a family for many years. This was our first time back in 3 years.
The property needs some TLC. The beautiful porch especially needs repair. Of course, allowing children to climb on the column bases tends to damage them.
The rooms still are nice but we had to move from a great one due to loud children left unattended.
The “new” restaurant is named for a wonderful man, Woody. The food was not good. If you can’t offer a great hamburger you need to take it off the menu. The fries were delicious and the waiter very friendly.
Jefferson’s dinner was very nice and the wait staff terrific. A lot of great menu options.
Not so good for lunch at Jefferson’s. The sandwich was so-so. There was no decent salad on offer, there or at Woody’s, I.e. no Cobb, no grilled chicken, no house salad with protein. It has a great bar with no bar food.
The best part of the experience was the activities. The spa was really good.
Some of the dining room staff are fairly indifferent and so is the food at night. Their best meal is breakfast which is great. A lot of variety and all of it delicious.
I would rather pay twenty-five percent more for an improved experience at this wonderful resort that holds a lot of happy memories.Written September 6, 2018
- Lovely little shop with art from local artists. A great place to find a unique gift or pieces for your own home.Written December 22, 2020
- We did not play the Lower Cascades on our recent visit, in part because it closed around Labor Day, and we heard the closure was likely permanent -- the irrigation system, like the course, is 49 years old, and it needs about $1 million to be replaced.
Although I am sorry to see any golf course go, I think this is one of those Robert Trent Jones courses that really does not withstand the test of time. Too many holes (like the par 5 2nd) are replicas of holes on his other courses; and some holes (i, 10, 11 especially) just seem shoehorned in to awkward terrain. But some holes I'll miss. The par 5 seventh was just normal length, but the fairway (and green) curled around a pond, challenging you to go as far right (toward the green) as you dared (or thought you could go!). The par 3 fourth was about 180 yds downhill: just a beautiful view as you watch your shot fly across the sky, the mountains, and then (you hope) land on the green.
And I am sorry to see it go because I shot a 38 on the front nine, two over par, my best scoring time ever. (Don't ask about the post-lunch back 9 -- for public consumption, I've forgotten :-) )Written September 28, 2012
- This is a very nice little store at the entry to the Village of Hot Springs and only a short walking distance from the Omni Homestead Resort. Indeed a place for retail therapy as they advertise themselves. Many interesting items and they seem to have user-friendly hours.Written November 14, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Hot Springs
- The best outdoor activities in Hot Springs according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Hot Springs on Tripadvisor
Hot Springs Attractions Information
|Local Time||Tuesday 1:09 AM|