Points of Interest & Landmarks
Top Attractions in Esposende
What travellers are saying
- The “Castro de São Lourenço” a very old settlement who is located on the hill with the same name, in the parish of Vila Chã, and this at a height of 200 meters above sea level, on one of the granite spurs of the fossil cliff that extends from Monte Faro (Palmeira de Faro) to São Paio de Antas (Esposende).
It is classified as a Property of Public Interest by Decree 1/86, in January of the year 1986.
In this fort there are areas that were occupied at different times and in different ways. A very interesting location, you have enough place to park the car, and from the office on you have to go and walk uphill until the chapel, than you have reached the end of the location, a bit further is a pic-nic area.Written November 13, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Try the stairs from the parish church of Belinho and climb up to the sanctuary (passing an excellent example of bad urban planning and peculiar 'building rights') to a very well thought-out sanctuary with statues and gorgeous views.
There is also a road for vehicular access and plenty of parking space, as well as picnic spots.Written August 18, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Esposende town is close to the river so access to the beach is not possible. There is a nice long promenade boardwalk which extends out over the water is places. The beach itself is at the far end and is very exposed and windy.Written October 20, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a great area of Portugal but as it’s early October hardly any of the beach cafes are open! One was open for last weekend in September but now in OctoberWritten October 4, 2019
- This church who is at walking distance from the “Museum Maritima” by crossing the main street in front of the “Maritime Museum”, and passing the “Statue do Homen do Mar”. You also have to know that this church was by the end of the 19th century, fallen into ruins and therefore underwent new reconstruction work. And after woods several others, so we can admire now a beautiful church.Written November 15, 2021
- The “Esposende Maritime Museum is located” on the sea side in a historic building in the city of Esposende, the “Socorros a Náufragos Station” who is also known as the “Salva-Vidas Station”, it is placed on a strategic location at the mouth of “Cávado”, guarded by the Lighthouse at Forte S. João Batista in Barra.
This building is an ex-libris of the city, which turned 100 years old on December 30, in the year 2006. A construction that marked a time of great sacrifice and work for the fishing class of this land. Nice and interesting place to visit, and from the tower you have a very nice view.
And you will not have difficulties to find a place to park your car. Also you are at a short distance of the “Igreja Matriz & Statue of the Man from the sea” who are also interesting to see.Written November 14, 2021
- Another older church with interesting architectural and visual stimuli. You’re in the area stop by but I would not quit my way to go see it.Written September 1, 2019
- 👌👌👌It was excellent, we were there 2 times and both times it was so much fun! True recommendationWritten September 26, 2022
- very nice place with indoor and outdoor swimming pool with jacuzzi and great views of the river Cávado. The pools have lifeguard, they are safe and cleanWritten October 18, 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about Esposende
- The most popular things to do in Esposende with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Esposende on Tripadvisor
Esposende Attractions Information
|Local Time||Saturday 3:37 p.m.|