68 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- A must see part of our past from the ice ages. Fantastic views. Visit the interactive center and learn more about the past. Lots of hiking trails too.Written October 25, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We checked the weather as soon as we arrived off the ferry at port aux basque and a storm was coming in for the weekend. We quickly changed our tour online to Friday at 3:00 and drove straight there. We were a bit short on time, so we decided to ride our bikes instead of walking the 3km to the boat dock. Took us 10 minutes and it was an easy ride. Gave us time to have a quick bowl of chowder which was delicious. The guides said they get maybe 3 days a year of perfect weather and today was one of them. 30 degrees, sunny and calm. Absolutely stunning!Written September 11, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Incredible geology and flora supported by absolutely fantastic park staff. They were incredibly educated, knowledgeable, informative and engaging. The park staff made the visit with their exhibits (pulled from their backpack) and clear explanations. Thanks!Written August 29, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visited this place at sunset and early morning. While I didn't go inside, I enjoyed walking the scenic and easy trails around it. We also spotted whales swimming around the lighthouse. Very enjoyable.Written June 19, 2023
- Must-see Bingo Ladies. Music and lyrics so clever. Wonderful harmony in the actor’s voices and terrific talent. Funny and entertaining. Loved the play and very impressed with this new building. This was a dinner included show. I would have liked to have had the play- only option. Highly recommend this show!!
Bravo to the cast and the piano player who played almost constantly for two hours!Written August 27, 2023
- We are both 50yrs old and in ok shape. All the reviews are correct in saying that this is not easy. But it is achievable. Just be prepared. We each carried 3L of water and had just enough. It was suppose to be sunny all day but in the mountains you never know and it did rain. We took our time and stopped ALOT especially going up the gully which that part alone took us 2 hours to get to the top. The views are incredible and totally worth it. I enjoyed the way down even more but just be prepared that it takes a long time to get back down to the base and then you still have another 4kms. Total time took us older folks 8 hours. Once in a lifetime.Written September 11, 2023
- Very good centre. Several displays, a film to watch, shop, cafe. There are also brilliant views from the balconies, with good photo opportunities.
Centre is a little distance out of town. We were taken here by bus, as part of a tour from our cruise ship, which then continued on from here to the Tablelands. The Discovery Centre is well worth a visit.Written October 22, 2023
- The Marine Station Aquarium is a hidden gem. There is a very reasonably-priced family rate and a free guided tour that goes every 30 minutes (it seems). We took the guided tour and it was EXCELLENT - one of the best museum experiences I've ever had! Our guide was exceptional and treated the kids like VIPs. She answered EVERY question that we asked and made everything very easy to understand. She also fed the wolffish a crab so the kids could watch it eat. Our 30 minute tour probably went 45 minutes and ended at the touch tank where the kids could hold starfish and anemones. Travelling with kids, it was a highlight of our trip to Western Newfoundland!Written July 19, 2023
- This was undoubtedly my favourite hike during my family's trip in Gros Morne. After about 45 minutes of challenging, sweaty, rocky, uphill climbing, we were rewarded with spectacular views and refreshing winds. When we neared the top, we admired fields filled with thousands of fascinating pitcher plants. The whole partial-loop trail took us under two hours, and we got the hard, uphill part over with first; the second half of the trail is all downhill. Just a heads-up: the first lookout indicated on the trail map is unmarked, but we stopped several times anyway for breathtaking views on our way up!Written July 19, 2023
- Next time we’ll take the tour. This spot is so intriguing and fascinating I wanted to know more and have my questions answered.
The millions of layers of rock thrust up from the ground are wonderous and leave your imagination running wild.
Don’t miss this.Written August 16, 2023
- Gorgeous! Lovely sandy beach, warm water (well warm enough to swim), clean facility for outdoor shower, gorgeous view, absolutely perfect. Cost $10 for day pass but well worth it.Written August 13, 2023
- Recently refurbed path, downhill out and back, 9km return with c.400m elevation gain. Rewarded with beautiful coastal views and rugged green hills (and a few sheep!) Toilet at trailhead and at campsite.Written September 19, 2022
- 10km round trip but mostly easy walking and well worth it - the falls are wonderful. It's only the last part that has some muddy patches and steps down to the falls, the rest is level. Wide variety of landscapes and a fascinating moose-exclusion-zone that shows you the huge impact moose have on the environment. Didn't see any, though!Written August 9, 2023
- Climb the stairs and enjoy the view of the ocean as you walk along the trail. you might even run into the sheep that live on top of the hill.Written May 29, 2022
- … is reflected in the excellent ‘place’ for a splendid Cappuccino, hand crafted gifts, interesting local characters
with super smiles on the service … do I even need to mention the panoramic view?
Soaked up the view on the bridge (deck) with my caffeine charge while entertaining conversations with local artistic stars.
All aspects … so grounded.Written June 30, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Gros Morne National Park
Gros Morne National Park Attractions Information
|Friday 2:09 a.m.|