Top Attractions in Holualoa
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- We did the farm tour and coffe making. Everyone at the farm were welcoming and very knowledgeable. We had a great time and experience with our coffee making class. I highly recommend this coffee farm.Written January 28, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you’re interested in how coffee is cultivated this tour is for you. Family run business. Very interesting story of how they came to grow coffee and the processes involved. We all enjoyed our time there.Written January 8, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you are a coffee nerd- if you are obsessed with coffee and really want to know how it's made... and you want some fresh coffee.... This place is awesome. The guide is very knowledgeable and will guide you through a cupping. You'll get to taste the coffee cherry straight off of the plant. And they have natural process Kona! (And it's fantastic!)
I went on three coffee tours when I was on the Kona side and this one was definitely the one for serious coffee nerds, Not to say it's inaccessible if you're a more casual coffee drinker, you'll just appreciate it more if you're a weirdo home roaster like me. I bought three pounds of green coffee when I was there and a bag of this amazing Red Wine Barrel aged roasted coffee. (Seriously, that stuff makes for a mind-blowing pourover!)Written January 13, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We, my wife and I, were there Monday 8/22/2022. We were told by a local not to pay for any tours at the coffee plantations. Alas, we had already booked our non-refundable tour so we attended thinking "wow, we spent more than we should have." Liz gave us a friendly greeting and as she started to explain how they graph coffee with weaker roots onto stronger roots, dry the coffee, roast the coffee, and bag the coffee, I was elated to have boughten the tour. You come away with so much more than coffee. Her husband Chris even showed which coffee maker to buy online to make the best coffee at home. I highly recommend going to Kona Farm Direct Coffee. You will leave with amazing coffee and knowledge.Written August 25, 2022
- This place is a hidden gem! The family who runs this farm is very kind and welcoming. The coffee was literally the best coffee I’ve ever had in my entire life. We bought a few bags and some of their homemade dark chocolate. The name truly defines this place it’s a small family farm, they appreciate your business and we left feeling like family! I will definitely go here again on my next trip to the Big Island!Written July 21, 2020
- A selection of quality art in multiple media including paint, print, wood, and photography from around the island. Ron, the owner, is friendly and knowledgeable. We purchase a couple of Giclee prints and were treated to Ron’s clear, interesting history of how Giclee became a thing. Glyph opened around 10:00am. Ron recommended we visit the Dovetail gallery across the street, but it didn’t open until noon, so we missed out on that, however what we could see through the window certainly looked interesting.Written February 12, 2022
- Great little old town above Kona where they too grow coffee. Me and my cuz' favorite coffee was Aikane Kona Coffee hands down. Hope it wins best coffee ☕from people's choice at festival and cupping. Best coffee I ever tasted on this and all tourist of the island chain!!!!!Written November 6, 2019
- Beautiful farm.!! Well maintained. Coffee is great.!
Can be hard to find being the actual gps address is 78-1134 Bishop Rd, Holualoa, HI 96725, USA. Some narrow roads, drive slow and stay to the right.Written January 10, 2019
- Fascinating little shop that we found on First Friday Stroll. History if Ukeleles with many beautiful Ukes for sale. Old historic photos, everything Ukelele !Written November 9, 2018
- Fabulous! Four adults, looking to fill an afternoon gap between snorkeling and dinner. Maybe tour a coffee farm? I started searching… Buddha’s Cup answered my call and said “Sure! C’mon up!”. It turned out to be 2000’ up, and what a time we had! We opted for the $35, 30 minute ATV tour of the property. Our guide, Rosie, kept us entertained as we bumped and bounced all over the farm. She pointed out many different trees and plants, stopped to let us pick tangelos, and offered samples of other fruits that were growing on site. Rosie is a gem! After our ride, we tasted many coffees, some teas, and assorted other treats (rum cake, macadamias, chocolate covered yummies). The entire staff was warm and welcoming. This experience was exactly what we were looking for.Written January 21, 2023
- We had a lovely walk through the gardens, with Massa narrating what we were seeing. We got to pick a coffee bean from a tree and open it up while she explained what was inside and how it was processed. She encouraged us to pick any of the beautiful, ripe fruits that we saw and take them with us. She served coffee at the lovely infinity pool at the end of the gardens and we had the opportunity to buy some of the DELICIOUS coffee. Talking within our group, we agreed it was nice that masses of people are not allowed in here; only those who appreciate and respect what this place will find it and make a reservation. What a beautiful outing on our vacation.Written December 22, 2022
- After locating the store was sad to see it was closed. When looking at website. Owners retired in 2018 and is now a private residence. Best wishes to those who carried the torch foe the past 99 years.Written May 15, 2019
- Magnificent collection of artworks, mostly by the husband and wife team of Matthew and Mary Lovein. She is a gifted painter and photographer and he is a fabulous potter and ceramicist. The stars of this gallery are Matthew's trademarked "Wish Makers". These make such unique gifts. Well worth the stop.Written October 8, 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about Holualoa
- The best day trips from Holualoa according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Volcano National Park Adventure From Kona
- Volcano National Park Adventure from Waikoloa
- All Hawaii Self-Guided Driving Tours Bundle
- Deluxe Big Island Mercedes Guided Tour to Anywhere
- Private VIP Adventure from Kona or Waikoloa
Holualoa Attractions Information
|Local Time||Saturday 5:34 a.m.|