Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Lihue
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Had the best time with Jayne, very energetic, creative, and FUN! Great way to taste rum snd learn about rum.. The gift shop has many delicious items you should not miss. Don’t miss this free rum tasting.. go early they book up.Written January 23, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I was disappointed that the road just ends at the falls, with no good place to turn around. We had to rely on other drivers to let us maneuver a multi-point turn around. The falls are spectacular and worth the drive, but I can’t begin to imagine what this car situation would look like with lots of traffic. I don’t have a solution, just mentioning this so other travelers are aware. The man and son with the coconuts were a kick and worth the $8 for our grandkids to watch and then get to drink right out of the coconut.Written January 2, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- As the cruise ship docked early in the morning, I had the chance to go out and about.
I wa surprised because after so many visits on this port, only now i managed to go out to the nearby KAlapaki beach. The beach is very nice due to its physical structure of long brownish gold yellow sand..fine texture of course! You can scrub it into your legs and get that ooohh effect...hahah...also i took a jogging along the sand from one end to end...took me about 788 steps or so! Hopefully i did not get distracted counting as I passed thru the sexy girls sunbathing in their triangle swimsuit! The swimming area is shallow wide form which makes it perfect for kids and non swimmers, too!..Nearby food resto are many and you may select which ever suit your palette or your budget maybe...remember, its Hawaii!
Surfing is also a popular water activity here.
Free entrance to the beach area makes it 5/5 on my rating plus all the things you wanted on a beach...especially the sunny weather!
P.S. Im here on a daytime only. Night scenarios are not sure for me how it is. This is my 2nd experience on this beach though i been here in Nawiliwili many times during the years that I cruise here. First one i was out was last month! hahaha
Mahalo!Written December 28, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- 10 minute cab ride from cruise ship pier, beautiful and well presented history of the island. Chad is the perfect docent- informative and interactive. Much larger than it looks- this is a definite stop on your itinerary. Plenty of parking if you drive. Gift shop has many authentic local handicrafts.Written October 13, 2022
- A great spot for dinner luau with incredible local entertainment.
The show was a hit with the adults and the kids.
The food and drinks were ok, the service was great, the entertainment was spectacular!Written August 27, 2022
- I wrote a much longer review earlier but Tripadvisor messed up my 50 photos I tried to add so this is my second attempt. Visiting Grove Plantation Farm was an amazing and educational experience and one of the best things I did this trip. It is excellent for locals and tourists alike - focusing on immigrants who came to work on plantations in the 1800s and late 1900s. Our guide was Marlene - she was lovely and full of knowledge! She grew up on the plantation as a little girl as both her parents worked there. We were allowed to walk at our own pace; Marlene pointed out interesting features of the gardens, landscape, and architecture. We learned alot about the original owners, their history and legacy. The highlight was the fantastic grand mansion belonging to them - it was full of beautiful antique furniture, decor and art - most of it original to the home. We also saw an example of a Japanese worker's home. We were served ice box cookies and mint tea in the old worker’s kitchen, delicious and refreshing. We also walked around the grounds and got to see native plants, flowers, farm animals - geese, pigs, goats. Highly recommend this for everyone unless if you are a younger child (it will be too long and boring), or adults who aren’t interested in culture or history. In this case you are better off going to the other plantation in Kauai and doing the rum Safari. Thank you Marlene and Grove Plantation Farm for a fascinating and enjoyable glimpse into the past!Written January 16, 2023
- Circle Island Tour
KOKO our driver was amazing
Great overview of island that included history. Informative and interesting
ADA Complaint busWritten November 29, 2021
- My wife, mother-in-law and I visited this lovely church for the first time for Sunday Mass. We were immediately and very warmly greeted in the parking lot by two parishioners who presented each of us with a "nui" (?) lei and graciously took our picture outside of the church in front of Mary's statute depicting her apparition at Lourdes. We were overwhelmed by their hospitality. There were many young people in attendance and the choir sang beautifully. A bishop from the Philippines was the presider at Mass. We were each very impressed and grateful to have attended Mass there. If only all Catholic churches could be so inviting.Written September 16, 2022
- Such an amazing view point. Was a great little stop. Some walking in required but worth it for the views and pictures we took.Written August 31, 2022
- Held on Saturdays, this is a must see place when in Kauai. Market stands for fresh vegetables, fruits, meats, fish, arts and crafts and fresh made local delicacies. We loaded up on native fruits and had Sugarloaf pineapple pops to top off our visit.Written June 8, 2022
- As recommended by another local operator we contacted Denis by email. After a prompt reply we (4) chose a five hour private tour. Firstly a view from the lookout and then to Waimea Canyon. Visits to Waimea Wharf and Hanapepe Swinging Bridge were included with many other scenes of beauty. Handy photographic hints were a plus. A visit to his gallery to view his photographic art work was appreciated.Written October 15, 2017
- I love the art they sell and have purchased several pieces that I have brought home. It is hard to choose from some many awesome items that they sell.Written October 24, 2022
- Had a fantastic time attending All My Sons. The cast was terrific and the evening was a great change of pace from typical “tourist” things. Highly recommend supporting this venue.Written January 27, 2022
- We stopped by while the koa were hanging and it was beautiful. We got some great photos and recommend this stop to all.Written June 9, 2022
- Lots of fruits. Papayas are ripe and tasty. Don't buy at the first vendor. Lots of 3 for $5 to be had. Lots if local veggies. Sweet onions are super tasty. One flower vendor who sells out quickly. Not many booths.Written April 14, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Lihue
- The best outdoor activities in Lihue according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Lihue on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Lihue according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Kauai Audio Driving Private Tour
- Kauai: Hawaii Movie Tours
- Private Hawaiian Jungle Waterfall Adventure Wit Da Hawaiian Dundee
- Kauai Highlights Sightseeing Tour. Da best of the southeast and west! 8 hrs
- Private Waimea Canyon Tour
Lihue Attractions Information
|Local Time||Monday 6:28 PM|