- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Points of Interest & Landmarks • Flea & Street Markets
Showing results 1-30 of 1,135
What travellers are saying
- When you step into The Met Cloisters, you step out of New York and into medieval and Renaissance Europe. From the triptychs to the paintings to the tapestries to the illuminated manuscripts to the panels to the treasury to the sculptures to the various cloister walks, etc., you will feel a medieval and Renaissance European vibe. We took Uber round-trip from Manhattan. It wasn't the cheapest alternative, but it was the most convenient.Written November 26, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lots of choices. I gravitated towards Halavah at Seed & Mill. Bought four 1/4 pound sized packages for $8 each plus sesame 1/4 pound for free but can see coming back and buying 1/2 pound for $12. Lots of stuff in market m, chocolates, meats, pastries, noodles, hot sauce, dumplings and more.Written November 27, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- ...London, Paris, New York.
Each of this world metropolis has its own famous department stores, and they have many branches all over the countries, but only one is the main from which it all began.
That's the case with this Macy's at Herald square on 34th St, just a block from the iconic Empire State bldg.
We didn't come to shop, just entered and roamed this huge edifice occupying the entire block. You can find everything you might think of, however cannot comment the prices - I presume they're higher than elsewhere.
Therefore, it was a pure touristy visit for us after visiting the Empire.Written June 19, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Brookfield Place was the location where many movies were shot over the years. Dramatic viewing point for the river and upwards through the glass to One World Trade. (See photos).Written February 6, 2022
- Nice little market located on lower level of grand central terminal.
They have lots of fresh food on offer. Meat fish cheese pasta herbs and spices, and also chocolates. Even if you just want to go and have a look and walk through the smell from the herbs and spices area is very nice.Written July 23, 2022
- Great market to walk through. Lots of local produce on offer plus other bits and bobs. We came through here on a Saturday and it was very busy. Worth a visit if your visiting the union square park anyway.Written July 25, 2022
- I went inside Saks Fifth Avenue for a visit in December 2021. It actually was the first time I went inside Saks Fifth Avenue. Normally during my December visits to New York City I view the light show at Saks Fifth Avenue in the evening from the outside. But it was too crowded this year. Going inside for 30 minutes was a great experience. It was great to see all the upscale brand names. But 30 minutes to see it was enough. It was crowded and I did not go there to buy anything. I exited and went to attend mass at Saint Patrick's Cathedral.Written December 21, 2021
- This was a fun place for my 6 year old. He enjoyed all of the rooms and experiences but really couldn't wait to see the enormous ball pit. It did not disappoint. Price point is a bit high to make it a repeat experience (we are NYers). But it was a great way to spend a weekend morning. Staff was very friendly!Written September 27, 2022
- It’s no doubt an impressive space especially from the outside. You’re drawn in by it, inquisitive to see what’s inside. Inside it’s a huge space and it’s also very impressive albeit a bit soulless. Worth a quick look.Written November 21, 2022
- Bloomingdale’s is a sprawling and well fitted out store.
There are a huge number of top fashion, make up, perfume and home ware brands.
There are also multiple restaurants, including Magnolia Bakery, Flip burger, 40 Carrots and more.
A New York icon and well worth a visit.Written September 22, 2022
- Columbus Circle is in the heart of many of the shops in the area. Some large brand names including Nordstrom. Recommended.Written February 6, 2022
- Having decided to get off the 7 line at Hudson Yards to walk the High Line, naturally one of the first things to catch our attention was the Vessel, followed by the shopping centre.
Being a particularly hot day we decided to pop into the shopping centre, top up the water at the water fountains and grab a vegan ice cream whilst we were at it!
The mall itself is very clean, well air conditioned (thankfully!) and situated in an area that is clearly under some great development.Written July 22, 2022
- I had not been to South Street Seaport since I was probably ten (10) or eleven (11) years old. From my childhood, I remember the restaurants and my meal of steamed clams. It was really interesting to go back to this free attraction over twenty (20) years later. The area felt safe to me and it was full of shops and upscale dining options. There were also boat tours nearby. The views of Lower Manhattan, Downtown Brooklyn, and the Brooklyn Bridge were fantastic. It was nice to walk on the piers during a hot early April afternoon. Yet, it is difficult to get parking in this area, especially if one is looking for free parallel parking on the street. It is easy to walk from South Street Seaport to the Battery, to Chinatown, or to Wall Street.Written April 7, 2021
- Located just off union Square this is an interesting and sizeable shop. The name doesn’t really do it justice as I was expecting something more of lower end.Written March 20, 2022
- Always enjoy coming to Sotheby's and checking out the exhibits. This past weekend was a little off-putting, however, because we had a strange interaction with an employee that was working the retail level on the ground floor (the area with all the handbags). My daughter was looking at a carry-on case and barely touched it when a sales woman marched over and barked that we should ask for help (there are no "do not touch" signs anywhere, FYI). This "lady" also was quick to tell us that the price of the bag was $20K; the subtext of course being that she presumed we couldn't afford it. So bizarre and so unlike the other professionals that work at Sotheby's. I guess there's a bad apple in every bunch, so I won't dock Sotheby's for this one unpleasant person. I'm sure she won't last long.Written October 7, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about New York City
- These experiences are best for shopping in New York City:
- Woodbury Common Premium Outlets Shopping Tour from Manhattan
- Sex and the City Hotspots Tour (On Location Tours)
- Shop Second-Hand + Vintage Fashion in New York City
- Woodbury Common Premium Outlets Shopping Tour, from NYC
- Photographer, Professional Photo shoot - New York
- These are the most romantic places for shopping in New York City:See more romantic shopping in New York City on Tripadvisor