Showing results 1-30 of 50
What travellers are saying
- Fantastic class!
Instructor, Lauren, was so friendly and professional! Meet up was easy, location was fantastic. Lauren guided us through our experience with professional grace and took the time to make sure our positions were correct. I highly recommend! (Do bring your own mat or towel)Written September 29, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- For those that need a quick sign, GO. It’s a spark of true yoga practiced in the modern day western society.
Finding Sri Dharma Mittra, getting to watch him and learn from him and his senior instructors has been such a life changing experience for me. There is nothing like the dharma family. Anywhere in the world or country you can find someone that has been touched by this divine being. It’s incredible to see how your life can impact the world. A true inspiration and light in dark times. The work that’s done here isn’t just a teaching of yoga poses, it’s a spiritual guidance, a moral attunement, a karmic blessing. I love this place, the staff, the students, everything about it. Dharma has attracted the best by radiating the best, anywhere in the world you can find someone whose heart has been opened up from this place and teacher Sri Dharma Mittra.
The studio is super clean. Joann is a sweetheart and everyone who works the front desk is super helpful and the center is located in an awesome spot in the city surrounded by amazing spots to eat and see. Can’t express how much I enjoy visiting. I come all the way from California a couple times a year.Written October 30, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This place is Great!!
The staff are sooo nice and helpful
I have taken numerous classes they are all AmazingWritten November 27, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I had them do everything. I didn’t care about the cost as I needed some serious attention. I was taken back quickly, the scents and ambience was really relaxing and the temperature was warm without being too hot. It’s cold outside so this too was a welcome retreat. Worked for an hour on me and I couldn’t be happier. Now I’m ready for some Christmas shopping.Written December 22, 2018
- Such a great experience. Had a 2 1/2 massage. Such a great feeling afterward. It's a bit of a workout, so be prepared, but it will fix whatever is going on and give you that fresh start you're looking for. Feeling great! A fresh start!!!Written August 13, 2016
- This is my second time in Nyc from Puerto Rico for the restorative yoga training. Aside from the cold outside, the people I meet, the quality of teachers and their assistance, the organization and diversity of classes is a must.Written January 31, 2016
- After more than 22 hours of travel from Australia to NYC, what did I need? Pilates of course! And I was so lucky to have Balanced Pilates NYC 5 minutes walk from where we are staying! Easy to book on line with email reminder for each session. Lovely and knowledgeable instructors, all who accepted my Aussie sense of humour. Mollie worked me hard but she was also very considerate of my body's minor 'issues'. And like all pilates instructors, she LOVES her job, particularly when her clients have beads of sweat running off their body.
So if you are in NYC check them out on-line and meet these fabulous pilates experts.
Bridget, Kiewa, Victoria AustraliaWritten September 29, 2015
- Once again I was truly touched to the core of my being while spending time at The Well ! I was having an early dinner, and so excited to order one of my favorite Fall dishes, the Nine Curry Vegetables with a side of fried caulirice ! Kimmel took my order immediately and while waiting for it, the ladies working together diligently at the next table offered to share their delicious dip and chips with me that was especially prepared by chef Lara for a private event that day ! Suddenly like magic, chef Lara appeared at my table and I was able to compliment her and she described in detail how she prepared this divine ambrosia. While eating my meal, a server quietly approached my table and presented me with a gift of this extraordinary dip, all packed and ready to go ! Sending gratitude to everyone at The Well for all that you are and all that you do for me and our world !Written November 17, 2022
- I've eaten at their restaurant Divya's a number of times and have done yoga and taken an Ayurvedic cooking class at their center. Everything about this place is fantastic! Smart and kind staff, food is out of this world and classes are great!Written January 23, 2019
- Epic experience. Staying in an 1000 year old fortress atop a Tuscan hill while practicing yoga twice a day and eating the freshest foods right from their Tuscan gardens. Irresistible dishes prepared by NYC chef Ed Carew and daily yoga practices by Paula Tursi. Paula's in depth knowledge of body mechanics and insight really helped my yoga practice . My wife and I developed a deeper awareness of the body and movement. She is truly my favorite teacher..too bad I don't live in NYCWritten December 10, 2015
- I had a 90 min massage with Yasue and she is definitely an amazing masseuse. She is very skilled and knowledgeable and I would highly recommend her. I visit many spas and get a massage monthly as I travel often for work. This is the first time I have visited this spa but have stayed in the hotel several times. Now for the spa, the check-in process was easy and the ladies were friendly. The locker area is small but clean with a blow dryer, spray deodorant,hair spray, razors and mouthwash.Of course the usual, soap,shampoo,conditioner and body lotion can be found. There is one shower,one restroom and one steam/shower room. The steam was never hot but it was very warm. I took a steam shower and it did help to heat up the room a bit more to my liking. The indoor pool is open to kids of all ages so there is a chance that it won’t be very relaxing if there are several kids screaming and playing. The water temperature is on the cool side and I do prefer more of a warmer pool when I relax. A nice gentleman sits at the desk next to the pool and not sure of his duty but he was friendly. There is fruit infused water, bagged nuts and apricots for a snack if you would like. The spa rooms are nice and relaxing and located downstairs away from the gym and any noise. You really feel like you are away from it all with the Japanese style decor. I would say this is a very expensive spa that needs a bit of improvements but overall, I would go again if I am staying at the Greenwich Hotel again. Enjoy!Written February 15, 2019
- I love this studio. I am a relatively new client and I have had such a good experience with everyone from the front desk to the instructors. The instructors are experienced, knowledgeable, and give great private sessions. I am so glad I did some research and found this studio! It is so clean and zen-like.Written November 12, 2014
- I cannot wait for the BikeNYoga classes to begin again this summer. A great combo of aerobic and anaerobic excercises. I always prefer to have my yoga in open because it is harder to focus and takes more experience to get to that meditative state of mind. I think it will be a bit harder for novice to get used to the distractions in Central Park but for intermediate level it is a great practice. The instructors were very nice and the bike ride is a good way to put you in that state of mind. Definitely looking forward to this summer and the clasesWritten May 11, 2019
- Great class. Inspiring even. But it is pity that the room was filled with this strong chemical smell from a disinfectant they used to clean all those mats which is especially bad since the room was not ventilated. I guess it is inevitable to maintain the temperature....Written February 13, 2019
- This is a wonderful yoga center in the Chelsea neighborhood. They offer hatha yoga classes throughout the week. The classes are usually 90 minutes and start off with some breathing exercises, then a sequence of yoga postures, and some relaxation at the end. I have attended a number of the classes at different times and enjoy the variety of teachers. Also on Wednesday and Sunday evenings they offer group meditation, which I really enjoy going to. At the end of the meditation they give a lecture on different yoga philosophy topics which have helped me learn a lot about the spiritual side of yoga, which is largely missing in today's usual modern yoga studio. It's a beautiful community run all by committed volunteers. They also have a small shop with t-shrits, books, etc. Highly recommended!Written August 18, 2019