What travellers are saying
- We came over in July from Northern Ireland and had a great time.
We have 3 children ages 4,8 & 10.
They had a great time cooling off in the splash pads and fountains.
Would highly recommend, especially in the heat of summerWritten August 13, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wonderful Park in Upper Manhattan with an incredible BMX trail/track. Terrific for both kids and teens. Highly recommend!Written April 26, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My 6-year old loves this park! Especially because it had water on a hot afternoon & lots of children to play with. He was so excited about all the secret passages, climbing & other activities.Written July 7, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I was always curious to go to the top of the observation tower, but unfortunately, it was closed for maintenance. The observation tower was located atop a large rocky structure which a person may ascend or descend. The park had numerous gathering spots, such as: the basketball courts and the playgrounds. Many individuals were blasting their radios. It was not too crowded when I went there on an early Thursday afternoon in July, but I do not think that I would feel safe in that environment at night.Written July 21, 2022
- I walked past this playground on my way to the bus stop. Nice and well maintained. Plenty of families with young children enjoying the chilly, brisk spring day. I would definitely take my kids here for play dates if we lived un the area.Written April 24, 2021
- it's one of the playground located inside the central park, it's good if you have kids love to play in the playgroundWritten July 6, 2023
- My kids were burnt out after an afternoon spent window shopping up 5th Avenue. This playground got them going again and was a nice break for me too. There's only one way in or out so it's safe and easy to make sure that they're where they're supposed to be. There's lots of benches inside and trash cans just outside the entrance. If you enter Central Park from the south, this is the first playground on your right.Written May 2, 2019
- I took my 3-year-old and it was fantastic. We got there late, but the ladies welcomed us and were nice enough to let us stay later. The areas were well thought out for your children and were immaculately kept. They have a no shoes policy, so I worried about the bathrooms. The flooring was not only beautiful but scrub a dub clean! The cleaning person cleaned after every person that used them. My son made friends because many other kids were in the facility (unlike other places we have been) and he had a blast.
The play gym was perfect for kids and so clean! The dress up area was cute and the baby area looked fun and safe. They had an eating area and vending machines. I loved this place. I will definitely go back and bring friends. You should too.Written August 17, 2016
- It's located in the busy area of the financial district, so air was filled with lots of exhausts, it was especially notisable in the hot day.
It's not your average playground, but there are so many great playgrounds in parks. Maybe it worth visiting once or if you leave in the close proximity.
It was also very crowded for a weekday - can only imagine the weekend crowds.Written August 13, 2014
- SO many things to do here! Minigolf, sports field, beach volleyball, dog park, kids playground, skate park, etc, etc, etc, including lots of places to sit with River and/or city views.Written September 8, 2021
- I wish I could upload a picture of this beautiful building near the East River. For $75 a year or $10 a year for seniors (62+) you have access to a gym, pool, lockers, showers & different classes every day for free.Written February 22, 2013
- My family lives nearby so we walked to the park & walked my granddaughter. We watched the dogs play, people playing chess & the children on the playground- a gem of a spot.Written September 14, 2019
- If you are in NYC with your child and you happen to pass by SOHO, you can have a break at this playground. I was there in December and it was great, but i think it is even better during summer, because of small swimming pool and other water facilities. There are also public restrooms and some benches to sit and relax. Great place for me and my son! We will be there again this June!Written June 12, 2014
- Seward Park is a wonderful patch of greenery on the edge of Chinatown and is a real family park in that I saw parents and grandparents chasing after their children and the kids having a wonderful time in the playgrounds and splashing in the water spouts coming out of the ground.
While the kids are running around the park and chasing each other the lawn, parents and seniors are talking amongst each other under the shade trees. It is a nice place to escape from the sun and just relax under a shade tree and enjoy the day. It is also a nice place to bring your lunch or a snack and have a little picnic.
It also has nice breezes coming off the river that you can feel in the park.Written August 16, 2022
- Lots of well-maintained playground equipment for small (up to age 6-7) children. Okay, but small, place to stroll through or people watch a bit. Not overly crowded. Nice inner-city park.Written May 15, 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about New York City
- These are the best places for kid-friendly playgrounds in New York City:See more playgrounds for children in New York City on Tripadvisor