What travellers are saying
- Went there for the NY auto show and it was very good. We were a bit disappointed that the restaurants on the lowest level were closed. The three food choices on the 3rd level were burgers, pizza or chicken fingers. There is also Starbucks and concession stands with snacks. Bathrooms are clean. I think there should be another
coffee spot since not everyone can drink Starbucks.Written April 11, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This review focuses on the historical tour of the armory.
They hold the tours generally every month, sometimes a couple of times a month. They are 25 dollars and at 11 AM.
Our guide, Grace, was knowledgeable and down to earth. It was interesting to hear about the armory’s different lives: a rich boy’s club for aristocrats to play soldier, later a legitimate armory, a crumbling relic, then back to life as a landmark and restoration project, as well as a versatile performance/event space.
The architecture varies from fully restored to arrested decay. The veterans room is their crown jewel and full of Tiffany glass and beautiful tile work. There is handsome woodwork throughout and a grand staircase.
On the second floor, the armory houses restored locker rooms from the original construction, where performers rehearse and artists in residence work.
Another floor is a women’s shelter, while yet another floor actually does house a national guard unit.
We got to see a stage being designed in the vast drill hall. I’ll be excited to see some programming here—they have everything from art shows to music and percussion pieces, historical lectures, and dance. The show coming up is a troupe of African dancers, which looks amazing.Written October 29, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Took the NY Bar Exam in this location. It was very spacious. Despite how many people where there, did not feel too hot nor too cold.Written June 4, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a fun way to team build with my coworkers! We had a blast feeling like we were on a live game show. It was totally immersive with the wrap around projection mapping and the host was fun and engaging. I would highly recommend for groups!Written July 19, 2023
- Samsung 837 to me is more about the architectural structure as opposed to what’s inside it. Good view from the high line.Written April 1, 2023
- Recently attended a meeting at Convene on Park Ave. Friendly staff, spacious meeting space. Good for small to medium size meetings.Written June 25, 2018