- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
5 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- We had some pretty shocking weather for our visit (thank you Jorge!) But managed to drive over to muckross head for a quick walk before the worst of the wind! The drive over was on pretty narrow winding roads but it was a lovely place for a walk and it certainly blew the cobwebs away! The scenery on the drive there and back from killybegs was really gorgeous!Written March 7, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Must visit in Donegal. Took and tour and bought several items, love to see hand weavers and support the local market. Then Killybegs for lunch. Will come back again on our next trip.Written December 29, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Went to Kilcar with my brother and his wife on a genealogy search. We were recommended John Joe's Pub by one of the locals. We had a fun time talking with the pub owner. He had some great stories to tell, and was very hospitable. In fact, everyone we spoke to was very friendly. We were there on a Tuesday night, and they had live traditional Irish music. I would definitely stop by for a pint again if I find myself in Kilcar again.Written October 5, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A number of years ago, I had shopped at Fishermen out of Ireland, I returned in the Spring of 2017, with the Children and Grandchildren, picking up lovely sweaters, hats and scarves for them and family members and friends in the U.S.
I returned recently, and was delighted to have the same Customer Service young lady wait on me once again, purchasing a beautiful spicy colour woman’s cardigan, can’t wait to return, as I have my eye on another cardigan.
If considering visiting in a group, I suggest you contact the factory in advance.Written January 14, 2023
- The driver David Byrne was very professional and informative. He is from Donegal and was able to give us information that only a resident would have. He went above and beyond the services usually provided by a taxi driver. He drove us from Carrick to the Slieve League visitor's center and was waiting for us when we came back down. This was especially appreciable as it was windy and rainy and we hoped to see as much of the area as possible regardless. On the way to Glenncolmcille he stopped to show us the various sites of interest. He is very low-key and pleasant. His Audi is elegant and clean. His rates are fair.Written April 24, 2022
Kilcar Attractions Information
|Local Time||Friday 10:58 AM|