Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Peniche
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Simply beautiful! A really stunning beach, great for surfers and walking. From there a drive around Peniche gives a wonderful flavor of the Portuguese coastline. We were there on a chilly winter day and there were several surfers in the water and beach visitors so I can only imagine how busy it is during the summer! There is free parking right by the beach and some information plaques in front of the beach.Written January 6, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice view and stunning coastline. It's worth to make a short trip to this place. Plenty of parking spots (after season) available.Written September 22, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Súpertubos beach bar was a great little place to wait for my husband while he surfed! Really good (and cheap) sangria and the food was decent!Written March 30, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This place is good for walking, viewing and taking pictures. Good for any age, however, someone should be very careful- some parts are really dangerous. A lot of fishermen any time, many tourists, stunning pictures.Written August 10, 2019
- This place speaks a lot about the Portuguese modern history. Some of the National Democracy Fathers' have been held in there as Political inmatesWritten November 1, 2021
- One of the best beaches in Portugal - good surfing, easy parking, good local cafes and surf schools.Written October 29, 2021
- Visited but didn't have too much time to stay. It was worth the trip. Loved walking around the grounds.Written October 19, 2019
- Visited the permanent and temporay exhibition and the school of laceworkers. Interesting, and not taking a lot of time. Peniche still has 500 laceworkers and children are learning it again as well.Written October 29, 2018
- We went to mass here on our Sunday in Peniche. It is a lovely church in the middle of the town. The interior was ver ornate and well cared for throughout the yearsWritten October 17, 2022
- Great place to visit. A very beautiful natural area. A really great place to catch your breath or stop, rewarded with a great view and beautiful rock formations. Incredible, ocean and rocks, really breathtaking. Perfect point to take photos for those who like rocks. It is worth spending some time looking at the vastness of the ocean that wash these cliffs. The power of nature wonderfully carved them. Worth a stop and admire the scenery.Written August 9, 2020
- Quite and calm, without a lot of talking and shouting. It really makes a difference. With good places to have a meal nearby, this beach gives you one of the most beautiful sunstes over Peniche. I definetly recommend it. An advice: be ready for a water temperature arround 15ºC.Written September 24, 2016
- I really liked this statue because it shows us what the fishermen's wives used to do when their men were out at sea. This is a dying art now. I knew nothing about how this was done but was able to see a woman working once--not here unfortunately. I learned that the finished product was a lace textile made by braiding and twisting lengths of thread, which are wound on bobbins to manage them. A lot of hard work and time consuming.Written October 4, 2017
- Cabo Carvoeiro Lighthouse began operating in 1790, being one of the oldest on the Portuguese . Building constructed to assist maritime navigation and is situated 3 kilometres from the Peniche waterfront over a promontory. It is the 27 metres high square tower, alongside a rectangular annex building. Great place to visit while enjoying the beautiful view and listening to the sound of the sea.Written August 22, 2020
- Echo of centuries of loyalty and faith. Situated at the entrance to the city center, this statue of Madonna is a reminder on time when people believe that there is something above us and that we are not perfect beings.Written October 18, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Peniche
- The best day trips from Peniche according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- From Porto to Lisbon, get to know the most beautiful Portuguese cities
- Berlenga Island Small-Group Day Trip from Lisbon
- Berlengas Tour
- Tesla Private Tour: Lisbon to Fatima, Batalha, Nazare & Obidos
- Óbidos, Peniche and Buddha Eden Full Day Private Tour from Lisbon
Peniche Attractions Information
|Local Time||Wednesday 10:28 a.m.|