Nature & Wildlife Areas
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
18 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- As others have warned, when you drive into the actual parking lot of the Caves, take it easy and slow. Lots of BUMPS! Parking is limited and small and you have to pay. I would download the app and pay before you go (you have 12 hour limit) as signal at the caves can be very patchy. We did see some parked at the entrance, not sure if you can. We went early morning. We got very lucky with parking because as we were leaving, the lot was full. You will need good shoes, running shoes will do, definitely don't recommend sandal type shoes. We went after a day of rain so it can be slippery and muddy so be careful. We spent about 1.5 hours or so if you strictly do the caves otherwise you can walk on the trails after visiting the caves.
I have been to many trails in Ontario and this is by far the best marked and it was easy to navigate. There's a "hidden" path that will take you up the caves if you look carefully, as soon as you make it to the caves make a right turn there are some rocks there that look like stairs and you can keep climbing up to the top of the caves.Written August 8, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We didnt know about this place until we drove by it and saw the cars parked by the road and saw the tiny sign. Its an estate home from the 1800. It's cool to see. No ghosts though :)
Parking is questionable. Apparently you are suppose to pay for parking, IF you drive in, but the gate seemed to be always closed when we drove by. So we parked at the road. Limited parking there though. Maybe fits 6 cars.
You walk in a good 5 mins. There you will see where you have to park and pay but nobody pays. There is no one there to help.
You can also eat in the ruins. They have picnic tables, not many, 2 if I recall.
When you walk down the path to the left you will catch the spiral staircase leading to Colpoy's Bay, There were a few people swimming there, no beach.
At the bottom there is another path to the left, which we didnt venture to.
DON'T WEAR FLIP FLOPS!Written August 19, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Rural Rootz is an amazing place for nature and garden lovers! The owners created gardens and paths with mainly natural materials and gifted plants while trying to maintain the natural aspects of the grounds.
Tom and Dee are very enthusiastic and generous hosts and they are very willing to explain what they have done and why. It was a very inspiring visit for us as well!Written August 24, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The aim was to see the Willy statue but the views of Blue waters were an added bonus. There are washrooms, picnic tables, playgrounds for kids, lots of benches to enjoy the serenity of blue waters of this place. A place not to be missed if you are visiting Tobermory.Written August 21, 2021
- We just found about the place when we were driving to Tobermory. Our 9-year-old wanted to see Willy so we stopped. The park where the statue is located is good for a stroll and there was some market. There is a campsite and trailer park nearby.Written July 25, 2022
- It is an excellent marina with knowledgeable and courteous staff, good facilities, and walking distance to a lot of Wiarton's amenities (LCBO, restaurants, ice cream shop, and a slightly longer walk to the supermarket). All the staff are very good at what they do (e.g., marine engine repaired, hull repair & resurfacing, purchasing and outfitting, etc.) The slips are well-maintained, the toilet and shower facilities are kept spotless(!), and the parking is ample. It is a beautiful location. The only drawback is the long run out of Colpoys Bay to get out to the lake.Written July 8, 2019
- I usually ride my bike on a paved sidewalk but decided to try this place. They have beginner right up to advanced. I made it to intermediate which was a bit difficult riding over some rocks but I had no problem on the roots. Beautiful, well maintained trails, excellent signs to tell you where you are. So much to see, vines, trees, different flowers, birds and much more! To bad it started raining here would have loved to ride the trail over to really experience it! Can't wait to be back and ride this again. Remember bug spray!Written June 26, 2015
- I guess I just saw a giant statue of the little guy. After all he is dead now. It was a beautiful park in a strange little town. I took a pic of the statue and left... Oh and hit the Tim Horton's on the way out. Average experience.Written October 9, 2019
- We had a great time! It was very interactive and the tour guide was excellent. The tour itself was quite interesting with many spectacular sites. I would highly recommend this to anyone.Written September 13, 2020
- I was stranded in the middle of Wiarton at midnight, with no gasoline left in my tank. These two went out of their way to give me enough gasoline for my car to safely get to the next closest gas station. Cathy and Wenda are amazing and saved my life! Please support their business, I will be purchasing their amazing cute products soon!Written August 22, 2021
- A great day to plan with family . If your a little scared about a few snakes take cover.. lol. The trip back was fun I was told I may get a little wet and boy did I but all in good faith. Don't forget to wear comfy shoes and maybe a change of cloths . would do this again for sure ,, loved it!Written February 24, 2017
- Great time. Everyone was engaged and entertained. It was even good for the kids. Lots of fun. We'll do it again.Written September 15, 2017
- What a great bookstore for the bookworm in you! It's one of those bookstores that you can spend ALL DAY in! Its organized by category but that's it - that is what makes it great. You're in there hoping you will find treasure of sorts - which I did!
My 16 year old daughter didnt want to leave. The owner is super friendly.Written August 19, 2021
- There were many trees, however we could see the church.
The church is completely white.
The cross is on the roof.
The trees makes its even better to enjoy!Written May 2, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Wiarton
- The most popular things to do in Wiarton with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Wiarton on Tripadvisor