Points of Interest & Landmarks • Religious Sites
Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Salt Lake City
What travellers are saying
- If you visit this area, this is a must if your curious about Mormons stuff. Be mindful of the constructions in the area because we got lost. We just keep walking in circles because of the Google maps when we can just cross the street from the mall.
I really wanna see the Organ recital so we went early so we can take pictures inside. Their schedule changes so better check the website before visiting. It won't start till 1200, we went in around 1130 because someone already is practicing but they will tell you to leave then come back for the real performance which is fine. We walked around the church and read some history of the bell. Overall, it's a good experience. Highly recommended!Written October 22, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great for learning about the geological and climatological history of Utah and the inter-mountain West. Outside, it was 100 degrees Fahrenheit the afternoon we visited, but it was very comfortable in the museum. The museum is on the outskirts of the city, on the University of Utah campus. So, if you would like to see the university campus, you’re right there. That said, It may be a little hard to get here without a car. Unsure if a Utah Transit or university transit bus would be a viable option. Parking isn’t an issue, based on our experience. There are beautiful homes on in the general area, if you would like to take a drive around the nearby neighborhoods before going back. Great view of the Salt Lake Area from the museum balcony, as long as it is not foggy or hazy the day you visit.Written November 19, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The drive was absolutely gorgeous! The views , the color all outstanding. A great way to spend a beautiful fall day.Written October 18, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The staff were super friendly and helpful when we visited and the gardens themselves are peaceful and well-labeled for an interesting and relaxing visit. The views of the city below are fantastic also!Written November 19, 2022
- This is a must-see when in SLC! Beautiful building with fantastic acoustics. Try to catch either the Tabernacle Choir or an organ recital. Entrance is free. Highly recommended.Written October 23, 2022
- Nice to be able to visit the Capitol in your own pace. You could look into the different chambers, and enjoy the various displays on the history of Utah. The view from the Capitol over SLC is also worthwhile.Written October 14, 2022
- It was an amazing experience! The temple is beautiful and a must see! The Library is a must see as well and the museum too! So much to see and its all free!!Written August 20, 2022
- Such a great experience horseback riding here! The views were beautiful and it was a peacful time. Highly recommend this & fairly priced too!Written November 14, 2022
- You can feel Gods presence here simply beautiful. The history, The architecture, The people. A must see! The Mormons have nothing on the Catholics. It is stunning.Written October 11, 2022
- Wish we had more time to go through it all, didn't realize it had so many exhibits. We did not have children with us which is too bad because this whole place it designed for kids enjoyment. We enjoyed watching another couple feed the lorikeets, which does cost a little extra.Written October 8, 2022
- Pleasant shopping mall. Good food court. Macy's is located in a beautiful historical building so it is a shame that it has gone downhill as a department store. Very near Temple Square. Tram stops outside it.Written October 3, 2022
- We received a very thorough tour which lasted more than 2 hours. The auditorium is just amazing, seating for 20.000+ persons! The paintings throughout the building were beatiful as well as the stories behind those. The roof terrace and gardens are unbelievable. The conference center is a must see while in SLC, just a stunning place!Written September 15, 2022
- This is a fun museum. Kids will enjoy it, but there are also displays that are geared towards adults. There is no admission fee for the museum itself, but the two theaters charge for the films. One is IMAX, and the other is similar but not actually IMAX.Written November 10, 2022
- It's a short walk from the Temple square. I have the general idea of what Mormon religions is but I don't know their history. If you wanna the origin of Mormons this is the right place for it.
It will tell you all about it. The area is clean and it got 3 floors. You can read all the details if you want but it will take you a whole day. It's free too!!!Written October 22, 2022
- fun to people watch, walk, run, or just sit to watch the ducks. There are always people around, different tracks for your needs.Written July 8, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Salt Lake City
- The most popular things to do in Salt Lake City with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Big Cottonwood Canyon
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Conference Center
- Natural History Museum of Utah
- Cathedral of the Madeleine
- Red Butte Garden