Popular things to do
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- So much to see and do along this treasure. REALLY beautifully done and so many miles to walk of beauty!Written December 4, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It is not well advertised unless you look online but, this free tour requires a ticket. You can get one online or at the box office. There are no times entrances so I don’t know why you need the ticket, but you do! The grounds are beautiful. The staff is friendly and helpful. The gift shop is huge.Written December 2, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Black Friday is a busy day. Yes, the cave system is great, but so is the service in the gift area. When asked about souvenir magnets, the lady working (Michelle?) actually took me to them. She was not just helpful on a day when most store clerks would just point, she was very nice and even checked back with me to see if I was having success. Just was impressed with the personal service on a busy day.Written November 30, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It’s an interesting park enclosed by a walled off fortress.
The church is simple, but it still stands. I was glad to see the rendering of how it looked when the exterior was tiled.
The living quarters are small and cozy, but has a fireplace in each room.
The cooking ovens surround the area as well as some well.Written November 30, 2023
- In town to visit the Spanish Missions. I teach 7th grade Texas history, so I decided to make the trip out from Houston. I am glad I did, but I wish I wore more comfortable shoes.
I got a ton of great pictures, and it was fun to make history real. I am looking forward to bringing it all home to my students.
A few recommendations:
1. Wear comfortable shoes and dress comfortably - it is a lot of walking.
2. Expect to make a day of it.
3. Bring water
4. Enjoy the historyWritten November 21, 2023
- Gorgeous! The laser light show is astounding and beautiful. The cathedral is stunning inside and it’s our favorite mass so far in San Antonio.Written December 3, 2023
- The tea garden was stunning. Very serene and gorgeous. The plants, wildlife, structures, falls, and koi - everything was lovely. The trails wind around and the views are lovely from any perspective. You will be glad you went.Written November 13, 2023
- The cruise was great and informative.
The river for the most part was clean. The History was interesting and well discussed.
Recommend the cruise or a walk around.Written June 19, 2023
- The SA Botanical Garden is a relatively large attraction and you will want to plan on at least a couple of hours. Some of our favorite areas include the Lucile Halsell Conservatory Area (including the 4 pavilions surrounding it), the Texas Narrative Trail and the Overlook. If you're pressed for time, consider skipping the Family Adventure Garden (unless you have kids perhaps) and South Texas. Overall a very reasonable cost and good value.Written November 14, 2023
- Riverdance did not disappoint. Spectacular!
Disappointed paying $75 for 2 Bloody Marys. Ridiculous. Next time we will stop prior to a show.Written June 13, 2023
- Astounding private modern art collection. It is also xtremely well curated and presented. Arrived with no expectations and were very much impressed. Highly recommend this sight to all San Antonio visitors. Watch the video biography, too.Written December 3, 2023
- We really enjoyed visiting the 4 mission churches on this trail. It was an easy drive to get there and between each one. We did it on a weekday and there weren't any crowds. Not all of these are wheelchair accessible. But, it they are still interesting to visit the grounds.Written November 12, 2023
- The museum certainly needs to be on the list of things to see in San Antonio. Beautiful building, great art, interesting collection of Indian and cowboy culture. Loved the Wells Fargo stagecoach and chuck wagon. Located right on Riverwalk.Written November 10, 2023
- Great way to see the animals up close and naturally. It’s nice you can buy a bag of food at the gat to feed them and they come up to you at the car. Amazing experience!Written November 10, 2023
- Visited on a weekday, crowd was on the lower side. Parking was comfortable and available though ticket prices are on the higher side as they cater only to your admission. There are other activities inside for which you have to pay extra, photos with Santa and animals are charged in excess of $40, which is definitely way too high. The animals are fun and they have every animal which was claimed on their website so you will not feel disappointed. My 10 yr old son and teen daughter had a blast, esp. the kangaroo interaction was fun. Go out and enjoy for approx 3 hrs but be ready to pay extra!Written November 26, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about San Antonio