Top Attractions in Summerland
What travellers are saying
- Our family went on the railway heist - ages 3 to 73 - and it was so awesome. We all enjoyed it and it took just the right amount of time. We got on the train at 1:30pm and the open-air train car that we chose was lovely. The seats were comfortable and there was a roof (for those worried about the heat/sun). The ride took us along the track to the tressles, stopping part way through for those who needed a break. When we returned to the station, the "robbers" came out of the trees and my kids, aged 3, 6 and 8, were so excited. I would suggest telling your kids that they're pretend robbers and have them bring a pouch full of change to give, which goes to charity. The robbers were very authentic with their horses and attire and they were very friendly. When we got off the train at 3:30pm, the food they had prepared for us was lovely. Roast beef, chicken, salads, buns, desert, etc. They also provided alternate salads for my sister and me as we need to eat gluten free (we requested it ahead of time). The whole time, there was live music being played by a happy guitarist. Overall, it was a great event for our whole family (grandparents too) and I would suggest it to other families without hesitation!Written August 12, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Host John C was knowledgeable and friendly, providing our group of 4 with a relaxing tasting experience. He knows his wines and how they are produced.Written August 2, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Had a fantastic time - beautiful view and gardens to enjoy while waiting to be seated. Had a great table overlooking the valley (glass safety fence didn't interfere with the view). It was a really hot day, so were grateful for the misting above which cooled down the vines and the patio, without dripping down on guests.
An amiable, relaxed, slightly festive ambience added to the pleasure of the day. Food was very good with great vegetarian options. Wine was very pleasant, but I'm no wine expert, unlike our hosts. Nice little gift shop, some fun items, but nobody pushing you to buy, good selection of cheeses and other picnic fare to accompany any wine you planned to bring home. Next time I'll see if I can maybe arrive on the picturesque train!Written August 8, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great hike up to the top with an amazing view. No matter the weather, great exercise. The drive up to the parking lot is a little nerve wracking for someone who is afraid of heights. But still a great and fun place to visit.Written October 19, 2020
- Out standing service. Staff went above for our group. Thank you!!!!!
The vineyard is so beautiful. So much to look at and enjoy.Written May 16, 2021
- Beautiful gardens. Great diversity in types of gardens - drought/shade/rose/ butterfly. Plants were well marked for those with less knowledgeWritten June 30, 2022
- The wine here at Thornhaven is amazing. It was such a pleasant visit and the staff here were super nice. Great atmosphere, definitely will be back again! And recommend anyone in the area to check this place out!Written July 13, 2021
- Went to this place with family and went back with friends as really enjoyed the wine tasting experience. Excellent staff. Had two different people in the two times we were there and both were very knowledgeable. The fellow we had the first time was top notch. Good inside tips provided. Enjoyed the wine. Lots of great choices.Written February 18, 2022
- Lovely winery with a friendly staff (and dogs for my kids to pet). Despite the hours listed on this site, we found it open daily until 5:30 and welcome to us just dropping in. A lovey experience!Written July 22, 2021
- This park has an excellent beach and facilities. It is nice and clean and provides many shady spots.Written August 11, 2021
- Sage Hills was our favourite stop on a wine tour of Summerland. From the minute we stepped out of the vehicle we knew it was someplace special. Tasting took place on the patio, which had some of the most beautiful views we’d seen. Our hostess was gracious and friendly, and we loved hearing about the organic and low intervention winemaking process. Left with several bottles and some gorgeous photos.Written October 7, 2021
- We saw a sign for this, thought it sounded interesting, checked on Google -"open" so headed there on our way back from Penticton. When we got there it said appointment only so a bit disappointed. We were going onto Banff the next day and thought it worth squeezing in so we called Jim and he arranged for a lady to meet us at 9am.
Sure, 20 CAD each is a bit steep but it does go to charity so hey....
There's a working juke box where you can choose your own records - we did have to plug it in first though.
There's about 80 cars from 40 thru 60s including some rare muscle cars such as a Boss 429 Mustang, Hemi 4 speed Road Runner, a tri-power GTO, a 409 SS Chevrolet plus a couple of T-Birds and much more.
i was in heaven! an hour or so more than enough but very gad we came back.Written July 27, 2022
- My fiancé and I had one our best experiences in the Okanagan so far at Lunessence! Our host Emily was simply outstanding and her wine recommendations hit the bullseye. A very big thank you to Cameron for making us feel so welcome and special. Unbelievable dumplings by Van Doren Chan paired with amazing wine and a simply stunning view make for an unforgettable evening.
Thank you and we will see you very soon!Written July 4, 2021
- We love stopping here when traveling north towards Kelowna. It is always clean and just sitting and enjoying the view gives you a real lift. Don’t miss it, also, fall is a lovely time to stop and look at the trees and the wonderful colours.Written October 19, 2020
- Beautiful little shop within wine country. Nice assortment of products, wine tasting room and lots of jams for sale. Friendly staff, very knowledgeable and helpful.
Check out the trestle bridge just a short walk away, a must do!Written October 26, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Summerland
- The best day trips from Summerland according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Naramata Wine Tour Full Day
- Oliver & Osoyoos Wine Tour Full Day
- Summerland Bottle Neck Drive Holy Sip Full Day Shared Tour with Lunch included