- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
118 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 118
What travellers are saying
- Due to Covid, almost no tourists visiting this night market. Only some and limited stores still running.
A nice and slow walk after dinner. Hope that when Malaysia is allowing tourists to return, this will inject life to the business again.Written December 24, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Just another huge mall, Singapore style made by Singapore developer.
All usual high and mid end Brand’s and restaurants here, keep it for rainy day activity.
Take a walk to waterway in front of mall, there is a promenade along with commercial and residences complex, some food views.Written August 17, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a great little place to visit with an array of jewelry , statues both big and small and paintings & prints. Well worth the visit for some quality memo to of Penang.Written September 24, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visited today and met Mike, really informative and learnt quite a few things. Can’t wait to try our products. The price is very affordable. Recommend visiting if your in Penang you won’t be disappointedWritten October 8, 2019
- we stayed in Penang for three weeks and went to the markets every Tuesday. we loved the freshness of the food , fruit and most of all veggies. it was vibrant , great smells from the hawker stalls and a Durian stall that sells the best Durians. we would spend hours walking around and people watching. we enjoyed the freshly cooked corn, Durian, mangosteens, rambutans, mangoes, guavas that we bought to take back to the hotel. not the Durian as we ate it at the market or they might kick us out of the hotel if we take it back. it smells a little:(Written July 16, 2019
- It's new & clean, nicely maintained as well with lots of eateries, most of which were upscale and catering towards Western tourist.
Nothing much to do except to take a walk by the marina.
Very hot in the afternoon though, with not much shade if you want to walk by the marina.Written September 23, 2020
- Farlim Night market is a best place to try delicious and savory food in Penang Island. There are many types of food to try. If you are in Penang you must come to Farlim Night Market because it is also one of the biggest night market.Written November 5, 2019
- The last visit to this Plaza was almost two years ago. Still vibrant inspite of the unprecedentsl Coronavirus aka COVID-19. Spacious and many shop outlets and eateries and cafes. Multistorey parking place. Large weekend crowd and shoppers. SOP for safety and social distancing applies.Written August 22, 2020
- This was my hangout place in Penang. Friendly competition in bowling and chilling in the pools rooms. I will miss it hereWritten June 15, 2020
- Feast your eyes on beckoning art, Japanese art, nick-nacks, food, food and food! Lovely music and warm Penang hospitality. A must if you’re in Penang on a weekendWritten September 4, 2022
- This mall is unique as it integrates the historic St Joseph's Novitiate Heritage Building into the scheme.
The mall is still relatively new and there are plenty of vacant retail lots. It has less crowd compared to other malls in the island.
I have to commend the management of the mall for setting aside space for kids' library just outside of Xixiang Cafe. My children enjoyed reading the free books available.Written August 10, 2022
- Its more tourist aware place then similar hawker areas elsewhere on the island.
I ordered a huge amount of food as my local friends were paying, the quality was very variable and prices on the upper side of normal then in the other bazaars!
The atmosphere is very lively. I recommend beef meat soup as my favourite.Written December 9, 2019
- Rather old and tired-looking mall. The car park is a dump. Nonetheless we were able to make the best of our visit here. There were some good bargains and there's a good restaurant- Little Oasis here.Written August 2, 2020
- We stayed for a month near this place and ate there several times. All of the restaurant vendors were friendly and reasonably priced with decent food in a nice environment. Sadly, there are hardly any customers there -- so you wonder about the long-term viability of the whole place. It is a very large space, maybe half full now.
The management & vendors need to come up with some ideas to attract people. Music every night? Karaoke? Jam sessions? Fashion shows? A costumed mascot out front? Nightly raffles for prizes? Happy hours? Free deserts? Great beer specials? Jugglers? Mimes? Magicians? Flashing lights? Buy 1 - Get 1 nights? Birthday packages? Fundraisers? Family nites? Something. Anything.
We had the burgers at the Western Corner, Tandoori, Mexican upstairs, chicken wings, noodles... it was all ok & made fresh to order. But nearby hawker centers offer the same for less ringgit... and with long histories of serving favorites. They gotta make this more of a fun experience. Do SOMETHING every night. Try it for 2 months. Make people talk about the place. Maybe management will read this and get busy. You're tenants deserve more effort. Work with them! Good luck. It could be a unique destination.Written September 5, 2019
- A very basic but more modern mall than most in the area. We appreciated the air conditioning but didn't buy anything.Written February 26, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Penang Island
- These are the best places for groups seeking shopping in Penang Island:See more shopping for groups in Penang Island on Tripadvisor