Top Attractions in Gili Air
What travellers are saying
- Kenza is the nicest studio on the island, welcoming teachers with great knowledge and pace to their classes. The flows make you work but allow you time to make sure your alignment is correct, they also offer adjustments when needed so great for all levels. The studio is on the beach and is very light and airy. Highly recommend the yin for a brilliant chill and to relax the body!Written January 23, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- 3W Dive are a fantastic outfit that i wouldn't hesitate to recommend. Our young daughters (10 and 11 years old) did their SSI Open Water Diving Certification over the course of 3 days. They were looked after by Irfan who was absolutely wonderful, he was firm, patient, kind and thorough. The owner of 3W Dive, Cyril, was equally as wonderful to deal with. He took care of my entire family with a strong focus on safety for my girls and for me while I had special requirements hampering my dive ability. An added bonus was that he recommended excellent eateries on Gili Air with a 100% strike rate. Good People running a great business!Written November 28, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Cute little hideaway in the central area of Sengigi. Five minutes walk from the main happening area of town, though quiet and secluded. Fantastic A/C, very comfortable beds/pillows, spotless linen. Rooms situated around pool with sunny & shaded areas. Lovely friendly and helpful staff happy to assist you with any plans or ideas to help make your holiday. A great place to stay.
lessWritten January 21, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Jhony is the best! We booked a snorkelling tour with him and communication via whatsapp was fast. He provides superb tours at a reasonable rate. He even gave us recommendations for our trip in senggigi and kuta lombok. If you’re looking for a reliable tour operator, Jhony is the man. His brother also makes beautiful necklaces out of coconut shell! Ask him about it! Will definitely book with him if we ever go back to Lombok.Written December 2, 2022
- I didn't know if i would like scuba. The first day we went in the pool with achmed to practice and it felt so familiar. After that i did the 3 days courses for my certificate. They give you a good explanation and are very relaxed. Very excited to dive again!Written November 16, 2022
- I did have a great freediving experience with the instrcutor, Mickael who has surely dedicated himself to taking me through the basic knowledge, practical training in the pool&open water with great care, and patience. The most grateful thing was that he had a strong faith in each individual trainee, even those who are feared with the water, he showed big support for me to break through the fear of the water and held him accountable for the safety. I managed to go beyond my limit and was able to familiarize myself in submerging into the ocean. Without his great endeavor, I wouldn't have been able to get what it feels like having a relaxing breath under water. Definitely will pay a visit again for next level of freediving challenge !Written February 17, 2020
- We did our PADI with the children there. The pool training was done at our hotel Holiday Resort Lombok, which was very practical and nice. Later, we had four dives off of all Gili islands. It was a great experience.
Our youngest didn't want to dive with us, but they provided a snorkeling guide who joined us at our trips to the islands. This was a great solution for all of us, and she enjoyed watching turtles and fish as we did. Very friendly and professional staff.Written July 21, 2022
- We did our open water certification and the adventure deep (until 30m) certification with Manta Dive on Gili Air. All courses were held by Rafik, which was an absolute pleasure. Everything was professional, well explained and very fun. He took care of us in every aspect, and we can only recommend him and the center. Despite it being our first dives we felt safe and comfortable. The whole center was well organized and everything was communicated in perfect English.Written November 20, 2022
- Bibi and the team took us on our 3rd ever scuba dive. Harry and Ivan looked after us during our dive, were very informative, relaxed and pointed out different fish during the dive.
Great communication prior to the dive via WhatsApp. Would reccomend. Thank you! :-)Written October 23, 2022
- A wonderful small resort right on the beach. Amazing pool and lovely clean accommodation. Incredible bed and shower. Being right on the sunset beach every night was glorious. The staff were superb. We extended our stay from 4 nights to 9Written August 20, 2022
- Holiday Fit Gym Centre was like an “oasis in the desert” fr me during the 8 months I sojourned on Gili Air Island. It’s not a “glamorous” gym. Yet, I appreciated the Owner, Tobias and his staff. Gili Air is known more for its yoga resorts...so finding a gym was a GIFT!Written October 23, 2020
- We wanted, my wife and I, to learn to cook Indonesian. Arriving at Gili Air we registered as soon as we settled in.
We did not regret our choice, quite the contrary. The team is super friendly. The explanations are crystal clear and the dishes fantastic!!!!
Don't hesitate !Written November 17, 2022
- Oceans 5 Dive is an excellent dive shop with Dive Masters who are fantastic at spotting the macro that makes diving the Gilis so special and I love that they seem to enjoy it as much as the guests. I can't wait to dive with them again! Shout out to Surry, Dede and Jay who were all excellent!Written October 22, 2022
- This place is paradise! A perfect escape from the hustle bustle of Bali, yet everything you could want or need to be comfortable. The cafe on site serves the best food, and the yoga offerings are wonderful (I especially recommend anything the owner, Jon, offers!) Couldn't recommend more & can't wait to go back!!Written November 27, 2022
- We went for our introductory dive day and another dive afternoon here. Yann was our instructor and couldn’t have been better. We felt safe and looked after and would highly recommend! Very professional and incredible diving- we saw turtles and loads of other cool stuff!
All of the staff were great, it was lovely to get to know everyone. Thanks for being so welcoming. Hope to come back!Written August 12, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Gili Air
- The best day trips from Gili Air according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Private Tour Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno, and Gili Air (Depart Lombok/Gili T)
- Gili Nanggu Day Tour
- Car Hire in Lombok (Include Driver, Car, & Fuel)
- Tete Batu Tour (Temple, Terrace Rice, and Waterfalls)
- private tours and Snorkeling Gili nanggu
- The most popular things to do in Gili Air with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Gili Air on Tripadvisor