Top Attractions in Thrissur
What travellers are saying
- Simply excellent! So serene and quiet! Great aura! Go as early as you can to get the effect! We went at around 5.45am...simply amazing.Written December 7, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visited the place in December so the water level was low. Could imagine how gigantic the fall would be in the rainy season.
The place was crowded with a mixed crowd of tourists and locals. You need to buy tickets before you enter the area. Free for the driver if he/she doesn't come inside with you to the fall.
We visited the second post towards Tamilnadu first and then came back to the actual waterfall. At the second Post, there are a few scenic views and good safety railing in place by the forest department.
Towards the main waterfall, you need to walk around 2 km straight from the entry gate. At the end post, you can buy water bottles, etc. You can carry your bottles but you need to pay a refundable 10 rs so keep the change with you. At the main waterfall, there are 2 main parts/zones. One at the upper part of the waterfall. It is a bit rough terrain but elderlies can go with little help. You can sit alongside the river and enjoy the flat surface. You need to walk further to go in the water. We avoided that and moved to 2nd step of the waterfall.
You need to be fit enough to walk 3 kilometres further down to reach the bottom and back but the view is worth it. I won't advise this particular trek to elderlies but have seen a few fit caucasian oldies on the trek. The last entry to the bottom trek is 5 pm so make sure you reach before that. You need to walk over boulders to go near to main water stream.
At the exit gate, once you pass security, there is a small shop run by the forest department. You can buy good honey, some bamboo souvenirs, etc.
At the last, It's good to visit a kind of place if you have time otherwise you can skip in case of a short trip.Written January 11, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was my first visit to the temple. The Devi idol in the temple is made that you feel devi is standing in front of and you are praying to Devi directly. The temple is very soothing place. Here there are beautiful statues of all avatars of Vishnu depicted.
It is an experience to feel for everyone. A must visit temple.Written November 29, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A satisfying trip to Lord Krishna temple
The Krishna idol over here is so soothing to look. A visit over here will calm your mind and heart.Written November 27, 2022
- This is one of the cleanest beaches that I have visited in India. It is about 25 km from Thrissur. It has a separate play area for children. The best part of the visit was the sunset view - it was just amazing. Don't miss the peanuts, they were too tasty.Written May 9, 2022
- The temple is very nice and it is very traditional place.It is a nice visit.The temple has different look.Written October 30, 2019
- Archeological Museum has its importance because it house all the vestiges of Ancient Kingdom of Sri Sakthan Thampuran Since AD 1790 who ruled Cochin dynasty as Rama Varma upto 1942 before Kerala Varma took reins.it also has the weapons ,Coins and utensils including pre Harappan potshreds, Antiques and Mohenjo-Daro Antiques besides The paleothic Vattezhuthu and kolezhuthu form of Malayalam before becoming a chain of Alphabets of Malayalam.
The museum is within few kilometers of Swaraj Round near North Stand .it's closed on Mondays and National Holidays.Written April 5, 2022
- A must visit for those who care for history. The ambience was excellent. Stands tall in city's skyline.Written October 18, 2022
- It Was an Awesome experience With Our Family at Kauthuka park,a model landscaping, Environmental perfection,One man Show of the owner Mr.Varkey Veliyath,total Well biodiversity Status, reasonable fees access to NH-544 all together a Well Worth Station of all Walks of Explores.Hats off to the initiatorWritten November 19, 2019
- Enjoyable a location ,to all guests who visit Trissur on vacations.. everybody who loves traditional , performing arts , rhythm percussion instrumental music This is the place...If keralites think that it has great traditional art forms we are greatly indebted to Kerala Kalamandalam.Written November 18, 2019
- Post Covid, I visited Chavakkad beach in April and the beach was really crowded. This is one of the best beaches on the coastal Kerala belt from Trivandrum to Kasargod and is a perfect destination to spend evenings. The authorities have made proper walkways and parking area but lack good food outlets. The sea is rather calm and ok for swimming except during monsoon season. Good for watching sunset and fishing boats venturing to the sea.Written May 17, 2022
- One of the largest mall in Thrishur region.. Located away from main city.. has mostly all leading brands.. has a food court on top floor.. also includes child play area... Parking is chargeable... Overall a decent mall to shopWritten November 9, 2019
- This was my first time visiting a zoo in India. The zoo was not bad but it was kinda dark since it was rainjng heavily and there were only a few animals since they were still shifting it to a different place. The only thing I didn't like about the zoo is that many animals didn't have a lot of space to move. I didn't take any pictures of it since it was dark.
The Art Museum was very good. It explained the different sculptures, crafts and arts made or introduced to Kerala. This also explained the history of trade between Kerala and different countries.
The Multipurpose Museum was a good place. It explained a lot about the nature, animals, history and culture of Kerala and India. There was the jaw of a whale, a skeleton of a human, elephant and a lion. There were models and replicas of different things introduced and made in India. It was a really fun experience and I enjoyed it a lotWritten June 30, 2022
- It is amazing to watch this beautiful waterfalls where water strolls down the rocks spread over a wide area with forest on either sides producing hypnotic sounds while twisting and turning that help unwind the stress and strain of modern life. Try to sit there for some time on the benches provided looking at the falls meditating while listening to the mesmerizing sounds of mother Nature.
During the rainy season there will be heavy flow of water obviously but in summer too Nature here won't disappoint you even if the quantity of water is less. Take photos and videos from different angles. Always observe all the rules and regulations depicted over there and never try to enter the falls or river.
A must-visit place in Kerala, indeed!Written December 28, 2021
- Peruvanam shiva temple is situated at Peruvanam about 10km from Thrissur in Kerala. It is one of the famous 108 shiva temples in Kerala. It is an ancient temple and declared as a protected monument by Arhaeological Survey of India. It is also famous for the traditional festivals and vadhya melam.Written June 5, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Thrissur
- The best day trips from Thrissur according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- One day trip to Athirapally from Kochi.
- One day trip to Athirapally waterfall and Cherai beach to Kochi.
- Athirapilly and Vazhachal Falls from Kochi
Thrissur Attractions Information
|Local Time||Tuesday 1:43 AM|