- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
11 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- I loved it here, i went here just after Lismore Castle and i prefered the towers. I had read about the family and there aspirations to have a mansion and there greed and was surprised at how small the buildings were and the rooms. It was beautiful though. The stone used, the gate, all so well done. I taught that was it until i walked along and found what looked like an elaborate bridge. It made me feel then that what id first seen was an entrance, a gate house. I think if they hadnt ran out of money, what they had intended to build would have been breath takingly beautiful. Beautiful woods, birds singing. Well worth a visit.Written August 2, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visited Lismore Castle gardens on a weekday, mid-morning when there was hardly anyone else around the place so it's probably the best time to go.
Disappointed to see that we couldn't get access to even a small part of the Castle itself, but being in private ownership I suppose it's to be expected.
The gardens themselves are beautifully laid out & I would imagine absolutely gorgeous when in bloom.
The pathways & walkways are fairly easy to navigate even if you're not good on your feet.Written April 18, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visited this very historic site as part of a tour. While the church was most recently rebuilt in the 1800's, this site has been a church site since the 600's. The grounds are pretty and relaxing.Written August 25, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It's very interesting and outstanding building from the outside with a lot of unique feature. The inside is not realy holding up, though it is nice enough and worth a visit.Written June 2, 2019
- Stayed in the Coach House on the wonderful Fort William Estate with friends. A spacious three bedroom house , with large living area & a very well equipped kitchen. Great to be able to bring the dogs with us. You would definitely need a car as it’s off the beaten track , but a marvellous place to unwind & relax & appreciate the wonders of nature. Beautiful walks along the banks of the Blackwater river & the dogs were able to roam freely. A haven of peace & tranquility.Written September 9, 2020
- The man at the front of the market selling veg was class. He had a beard and was selling spuds. The spuds were balls of flower.Written December 14, 2020
- I was disappointed to find the Cotton Library closed this afternoon. But the rest of the cathedral, including a very friendly little cat, were worth the visit.Written September 6, 2017
- We visited the escape room at the heritage centre. It was a fairly basic layout, and some of the puzzles didn’t quite work as planned (there was one with magnets that was particularly unclear), but in general it was very well done! We were given clues at just the right rate, and it was just the right level of difficulty for the players.Written November 22, 2022
- This small & compact commemorative garden has several monuments, sculptures & areas of interest.
Children will love the fairy garden.Written April 18, 2022
- Really cool. We managed it with 50 seconds left and we're very proud of ourselves. Staff were extremely helpful and friendlyWritten August 2, 2022
- Great music on a Thursday evening. Every Thursday there is a session in the classroom. I sometimes attend and can say the quality of music is very good.
The locals are friendly too - I've been told by visitors.Written August 15, 2013
Frequently Asked Questions about Lismore
- The best outdoor activities in Lismore according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Lismore on Tripadvisor
- The most popular things to do in Lismore with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Lismore on Tripadvisor
Lismore Attractions Information
|Local Time||Wednesday 10:16 a.m.|