*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Very interesting experience with a knowledgeable guide.Fantastic to see how well cared for the animals are.
Daniel was very cordial too.Written September 20, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Guides were excellent. We had Jorge as our experienced rafter and he made the trip. Always felt very in control while also having a great laugh the whole way around. 10/10 would recommend to a friend.Written April 4, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Kallari is an amazing association doing very important work with indigenous sustainable agriculture in the Ecuadorian Amazon. They also make delicious chocolate!! I highly recommend visiting and learning about Kallari whether for a day, week, month, or year long experience.
I lived in a homestay for 1 month with Oswaldo and Yolanda's family in the community of Serena during my university study abroad program. Oswaldo and Yolanda graciously welcomed me into their home and their family. By the end, they truly felt like my parents. Yolanda was beyond loving and treated me like her son. She also cooks delicious and nourishing food.
My main goal was in conducting a scientific study on sustainable agriculture systems, and Oswaldo went out into the field with me every day to teach me about the environment and help me set up my study. I could not have done it without him.
Geovani (from Kallari) was my homestay coordinator and he was super clear, helpful, and flexible in coordinating logistics.
I cherished my time with Kallari and miss it every day.Written January 27, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It really is definitely a divine experience, it has very beautiful landscapes, but if you do not dare to go you will never know. Then dare to know this magical placeWritten December 5, 2022
- We had an excellent late-afternoon bird-watching outing, guided by Carlos, operating the boat, and Jorge Luna, who had guided us for 10 days in Ecuador. We saw 44 species of birds over a couple of hours.Written December 10, 2022
- Amazing trip with river people Ecuador. Tim has been working with me for a weekend stepping up my game daily. This is a must for any kayaker. It's deep in the jungle, with amazing views.Written January 22, 2022
- Water has been redirected by mother nature. There are threads saying it was a land slide and/or a creator that opened some feet before falls. Either way no more falls.Written March 19, 2020
- They are totally set up to entertain tourists, and you don't really see "the community" other than the folks who come out to do the demonstrations. However, it is very interesting to see how they prepare the local Yuca drink, make pottery & pan for gold. It is also fun to try hitting the owl with a blow dart. The gift shop has some nice, not overly expensive souvenirs.Written January 17, 2015
- I visited this farm and did the Cacao tour and was great. Ecuadorian cacao is one of the most famaous cacao seed and I was verz interested to know how thez grow and harvest the seeds. They let me discover the great world of the Cacao. Thanks.Written October 11, 2019
- Sebastien and his team hosted my father and I for a weekend at their secluded getaway. The centre was beautifully and thoughtfully designed, with comfortable accommodation, quality-yet-simple food, a swimming pool, spectacular views and numerous areas to relax and enjoy the surrounding nature. I'll certainly be visiting again and recommending Devas to my friends.Written December 29, 2016
- This is an amazing place to be in very safe hands. I had a very powerful, relaxing and loving experience here with Juan and his family. It is deep in the jungle but very comfortable and well thought out. I was very well looked after and the natural food was delicious. I combined a relaxing nature immersion with plant medicine. Juan and family personalised the experience for me and adapted to my needs. I felt refreshed afterwards and healed. This is the second time I have worked with Juan and it has profoundly helped me to deal with a very deep personal issue of complex grief. The set and setting is perfect and I can highly recommend it for healing and finding new ways of looking at your life, challenges and priorities. Thank you Thank you Thank you! Sat Sri Akal, Balvinder (British living in Madrid, Spain)Written April 20, 2022
- I highly recommand the trips with Akangau Jungle Tours! We got a really authentic experience, we did everything from walking through the jungle to eating traditional lunch in a kichwa village and swimming in the river afterwards! The self made chocolate cream out of fresh cacao beans was truly amazing!Written September 11, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Tena
Tena Attractions Information