NO, dogs are not allowed unless they qualify as ADA service animals. Per the zoo's website...
" * Pets are not allowed on Zoo grounds.
* ADA service animals are allowed; however, companion animals are not allowed for the safety of the zoo animals and your pets. In order to protect our zoo animal collection, we require proof of current vaccines prior to zoo entry. Please review the Service Animal Access Handout (PDF) in the link below for more details about entry to the zoo.
* Exhibit barriers and fences are in place for your protection.
* Do not climb, stand on, or cross barriers or railings.
* Please do not feed the animals.
* Shirts and footwear must be worn at all times.
* Please be aware that some animals may not be on exhibit due to weather conditions or animal care requirements. "
I do not believe dogs are allowed inside the zoo.
I don't believe they are permitted inside the zoo unless it is a service dog.
Get quick answers from Idaho Falls Zoo at Tautphaus Park staff and past visitors.