When I read the reviews for this hotel, I already expected difficulties to locate the place. Fortunately, this hotel was actually easy to find. I used the GPS application in my Blackberry and the name just popped up on the screen.
The receptionist, a lady, was nice and helpful. She helped us to convert the family room (on 2nd floor) into 2 single rooms on the 1st floor (made possible because we came in low season) without additional cost.
Our rooms were facing the garden / pool. The position was good; we could just go out to the cabbana and relax there, or go straight to the swimming pool.
- the windows were covered of horizontal blinds that could not be completely shut
- we found some dirts below the beds (the housekeeping then cleaned them)
- the running hot and cold water were not stable; dangerous if small kids use the shower without supervision. Somebody told me that was probably because the hotel uses gas heater instead of electric heater (dunno whether that's true or not).
- the weather was very nice, could be very cold at nights. Better bring jackets / extra blankets
- the swimming pool eventhough was small but enough for relaxing. Be careful, the water was probably pumped from a deep well, it was cold even during daytime
- the breakfast was simple but tasty. Note: We purchased rooms with no breakfast. On the 2nd day of our staying the cook was on holiday so room service was not available (??). But we managed to find various eating places nearby (we tried food stalls around Alun-Alun / City Centre Garden).
The hotel is close to Batu major attactions such as Jatim Park I and Jatim Park II. I highly recommend Batu Secret Zoo. I went with my husband, kid and mom, and our family had a blast.
Local cuisine: "sate kelinci" (= satay made from rabbit meat) and fresh milk.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC