We recently drove to PEI from Toronto and stayed at this hotel for one night as a stopover on our return trip home. I booked based on expected amenities and the 'fabulous' rating on Expedia. Bottom line, it wasn't. The hotel is quite dated and the rooms are small - we are a family of four and found we were literally on top of each other.
1) breakfast included - it wasn't. All they had was last night's left overs - toast, decaf coffee and yogurt. We arrived at 7am for breakfast and it didn't open. There was no one working the breakfast and the front desk employees were clearly embarrassed but did nothing.
2) the pool had a smell and there weren't enough towels. we shared a single towel
3) there was one luggage trolley and it went missing in the morning so I had to carry all our luggage back to our car in multiple trips
4) the elevator was literally a closet, to which the hotel employees told us to take turns cause the 4 of us and luggage would be too heavy
5) Small room - I literally had to walk sideways to squeeze between furniture
1) bed was comfortable
2) wifi worked
3) walking distance to restaurants
I did not get value for my money at this hotel and feel cheated. Worth noting, we stayed at a Best Western Plus in Woodstock NB on the trip to PEI, with the same amenities, and it was excellent. Too bad we couldn't have repeated that experience at this Holiday Inn.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC