The Resort was gorgeous. We (Family) visited this place during Halloween and we were really amazed with the ambiance and cleanliness of the Resort. They have delicious food with amazing service, rooms were not that big but it was nice and have a good shower room with a front view of the beautiful pool. One thing that really caught my attention was their lobby, it was really very beautiful. They make different unique decoration each event such as Holloween, Christmas and so on and so forth. They have different kind of cartoon characters all over the place and the kids love it. Definitely we will visit this place again.
This review is for their hotel rooms:
1. There were 2 adults and 1 child in our room. P300 was the charge for the extra child in the room/night but they won't give us more than 2 towels in a 3 person room. The towels by the way were small and really thin. Suggestion: Give your guests all the towels they want, just charge them if they end up taking them.
2. No outlet inside the room. They have 2 outlets by the balcony. So you have to leave your phone outside your room to charge.
3. If you have family/friends that are not staying in the resort, they can't go to your room unless the pay an entrance fee. They had to follow my mother closely when she came to get something in our room since she's not a hotel guest. Suggestion: install a gate in your pool to control unauthorized people from using your pool.
4. Gym has a fee? I have never paid to use the gym of the hotel where I'm a guest. They won't tell you about the P150 charge until you're done using the gym. Suggestion: No charge to your paying guests. If you must, put a sign somewhere so they are aware.
5. More attention was devoted to the plants and flowers than to the rooms. I saw a lot of people gardening but not enough TLC was given to the rooms.
6. No brewed coffee. Instant only.
7. On the positive, the staff is very friendly.
Stayed for 3 days and 2 nights on a business trip. Place reminds me of Isdaan Floating Restaurant (Tarlac) but Manuel is way way better. Occupied room is equipped with TV, AC, bathroom with ample space, and relaxing bed. Resort offers free internet although, wifi does not reach our room.
Staff were friendly and efficient except those manning the reception desk (either disoriented or too tired). We arrived in the area around afternoon for our check-in. We were 3 in the group informing the reception of our reservation. After confirming our reservation, reception personnel proceeded to ask my companion if she has any reservations (wheeww). Either the reception personnel was too tired for the day or operating on an auto-pilot.
Resort has several facilities to keep you entertained. Swimming pools, billiards, table tennis, darts, table hockey, bar, and sculptures (proudly made by the resort). Place is less than hour drive from Dipolog City. Overall stay was good.
Owing that Pinan is a small town off the capital city of Dipolog in the province of Zamboanga Del Norte, it is being hailed as a great place to visit. I'm quite ambivalent. This place is sprawling, with 4 swimming pools, 2 restaurants and a conference accommodation for 200 people or more. And they have amazing rooms, well equipped with air conditioning, hot and cold shower, in-room coffee makers, and TV with satellite channels.
But the thing is that the ground is decorated with almost comical themes: dinosaurs, Snow White, Egyptian antiquities, bust of Louis XII, safari, angels, and zebras. The irony is that the ground is wonderfully endowed with healthy tropical plants, well cared for and abundantly green with charming natural flowers. Why on Earth would they place all the Tchotchkes (useless knick knacks) in plastic? Plastic balloons, blooms, vines, topiaries, birds, butterflies etc. They mingle among the man made lake and cabanas. They are everywhere, in the entrance of the resort, in the grecian columns supporting Filipino casas, embedded among the real flower beds, entwined among the lattices, you name it, you have plastic decors.
So it is hard to judge Manuel Resort. The locals and the surrounding communities love the place. And it looks like this is the only place that have the capacity to accommodate hundreds of guests. The staff is nice and real friendly, so as much as the visuals are plebeian and sore to the eyes, one has to have a sense of humour to stay here for 4 days and 3 nights and not be offended. I would give it a 4 stars.
Two thumbs up! The place is great. The staff are friendly and kind. The foods are scrumptious. The room is so great it is soooo comfortable. Enjoyed very much on our stay. Can't wait to go back again. ♥