We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
We had a lovely visit to this hostel with our walking group. The rooms were very spacious, clean and warm, i would stay here again. The staff were friendly and helpful. The only thing i would say is there aren't enough sockets in the room....More
I spent two nights at the hostel and it was great. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were nice and tidy and the whole building was just amazingly beautiful. Everything was tidy and clean. The only downside is, that there is no wifi in...More
The place is big and looks nice, so if you want to go somewhere and don't need to use any devices, then this is the place to go. However, if you do need internet connection especially for work, then do not stay here. The connection...More
One of the best hostels that i have ever been. The location is excellent, the building and the common areas wide and confortable, really quiet and homely ambient. Good rest at nice rooms. The staff was amazing and very helpfull. Thanks especially to Mark for...More
This hostel run by the Scottish Youth Association is a text book study for hotel management students.
Stayed in double room en suite from the 7th Oct to 9th October 2017.
Reception....efficient and informative and very welcoming
Housekeeping........spic and span
Self catering.....all facilities...More
Response from SYHAHostelling, Guest Relations Manager at Glasgow Youth HostelResponded 26 October 2017
Thank you very much for your kind review, it is appreciated and we will pass your lovely commenst onto our team.
TripAdvisor gives a Certificate of Excellence to accommodations, attractions and restaurants that consistently earn great reviews from travellers.
US$25 - US$99 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Star rating provided by Expedia.
Non-Smoking Rooms ,
Family Rooms ,
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Cancelon so you can book your Glasgow Youth Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Response from SYHAHostelling | Property representative |
Hello, thank you for your queries.
1. You can get a bus from Glasgow Airport into the city centre and then get a taxi that will cost approx £5 or you can again get the bus from the airport into the city centre and then get... More
Hello, thank you for your queries.
1. You can get a bus from Glasgow Airport into the city centre and then get a taxi that will cost approx £5 or you can again get the bus from the airport into the city centre and then get on the Glasgow Underground and get off at Kelvinbridge, you then cut thru Kelvingrove park to get to the hostel its about 10 minutes walk but its a steep hill with luggage, I would recommend getting a taxi from the centre.
2. The train station in Oban is approx 15 minute walk to the Oban Youth hostel.
3. Private rooms across our network vary depending on location and seasonality, please check our website for best prices guaranteed.
4. The only hostel that has an elevator is Edinburgh Central, if we have enough staff on duty we would be happy to help you with your luggage upto your room, just ask us when you check in.
It's almost two miles to the hostel from Buchanan bus station. If you are intrepid you could do it, but it will likely be pouring rain, and the hostel is a bit tricky to find when you've never been there before, so I would... More
It's almost two miles to the hostel from Buchanan bus station. If you are intrepid you could do it, but it will likely be pouring rain, and the hostel is a bit tricky to find when you've never been there before, so I would encourage you to grab a taxi.