The street where the hotel is located is close to the Hauptbahnhof. The location is in a neighborhood as you can expect. But: kind reception, simple but very clean room, everything you need is there. Breakfast is great: there is a lot to choose.
Very conveniently located to main train station. Could be viewed as a bit of a seedy area, there is a lot of activity in the streets with markets, cafes etc, but we did feel quite ok walking here. The hotel is well maintained, decent size room and good bathroom, breakfast room was very nice. Staff were helpful. We found nice restaurant area about 5 minutes walk away, plus nice square around the corner with a few bars and outside seating. All in all a decent stay,
Staff treated my mom and I super rudely. Very unaccommodating to reasonable requests. The manager yelled at me and threatened my mom. I wrote down his name in order to reference to management and he requested for me to hand him over the sticky note on which I wrote his name.
First when we arrived it was about 11 am and our flight was way too tiring, they refused to get us our room earlier. If that was okay as the policy of the hotel, what was next should never happen in any respectful place. After we took the room and after a while and during our nap, we were shocked by that man opening the door with his electronic key!!!!!!!!! How come the same room has more than one key and how come the system reserves the same room for two costumers ?!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway we spoke to the manager and really she was very RUDE and UNPROFESSIONAL saying that nothing to be done and it was a mistake but what shall we do !! I never recommend that place to any one, yes it's affordable and near the downtown but all the crew are very unfriendly and rude.
The hotel itself is clean, comfortable and well equipped with spacious rooms, good bathroom, decent toiletries and adequate breakfast. The location is very close to the station And this is the problem The area around the station is a no go area 95% of people hanging around are immigrants and the streets are very busy with them loitering with nothing to do and constantly surveying people looking for any weaknesses The other 5% are locals who are alcoholics I’m well traveled and I’ve never seen such a large cluster of homeless people, drunks, drug addicts and people arguing, shouting, spitting and generally on the lookout for mischief. I read the other warnings on here but didn’t heed them and I should have. The Police on the street look frightened and out of their depth. As my headline states, the area is genuinely dangerous.…