We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly. We support the following browsers:
I stayed at this hostel for two nights while on my way to Perth....I wish I'd have just missed out Adelaide all together now. The only good points I can think of are that the man who ran it was super lovely and that I...More
Great staff, very friendly & helpful. Rooms outdated, but clean. Great location. Only negative is the walls don't block out much noise, but having said that our room was next to the kitchen. Would stay here again
4 of us stayed here when we came down for a football game from Sydney. The staff in the hostel were amazingly friendly and had a great knowledge of places to eat and attractions, along with the best way to get there. The rooms and...More
Great little hostel. Really clean and in a quiet part of the city. Has all the facilities you expect. Really enjoyed our stay here. Gary was very helpful and is an all round top bloke! He really took the time to make sure we were...More
We ended up staying in this hostel for about a month, wanting to find our feet in Adelaide. The hostel was clean, including toilets and kitchen. The location is brilliant and only a short walk to the city, plus it has a car park and...More
US$16 - US$59 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Star rating provided by Expedia.
Number of rooms
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Adelaide Travellers Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
I am a teacher of a year 12 Tourism class based in Victor Harbor South Australia.
The class are undertaking an assignment on Backpackers and are trying to research information about a ‘typical’ backpacker.
It would be fantastic if someone could respond to the class’ questions to help them with their assignment.
Assignments (therefore responses) are not published and are for school use only.
Your help is greatly appreciated.
1. What do you think the term ‘backpacker’ means?
2. What is the main country of origin that most backpackers come from to Australia? Is there a reason for this?
3. How long do backpackers generally stay in their destination for? Why do you think this is?
4. What are backpackers motivations for travelling?
5. What do you think most backpackers spend their money on?
6. What do you think young backpackers spend more money on? (e.g food, alcohol, festivals)
7. What do you think older backpackers spend their money on? (e.g food, culture events)
8. What are the main activities backpackers enjoy participating in?
9. Do you believe that backpackers have a positive or negative impact on host communities? Why do you think this is?
Encounter Lutheran College
23 March 2016|
AnswerHide all answers
Are you sure you want to delete this question?
"Rooms furthest away from the balcony are better for a quieter night - can hear people pre drinking before..."