We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
I'm compelled to write this as I can get into the business centre which isn't open 15 mins after the advertised time.
The staff are unprofessional, discourteous, rude and unhelpful.
Breakfast was good except no milk, no coffee, no bowls and when I asked the...More
I just came back from a business trip in Dakar and stayed at the Novotel. I must say i was pleasantly surprised. I was a bit worried about the quality of the rooms and the Dakar airport left me wondering what the rest of the...More
For very short stay this would be an acceptable place to be.
Arrival desk and assistance without problem while signing in and out.
Rooms clean, but missing extra handy facilities as the fridge stayed empty during my four (4) days attendance. Clean shower facility, apart/seperate...More
I hope you get a good rate for the rooms (around 100 euros). If not, the rooms are not really worth it. They are very basic. No ironing board or iron, no decorations on the walls, no gym (the swimming pool is OK but watch...More
US$78 - US$212 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Star rating provided by Accor.
#4 Luxury Hotel in Dakar
Non-Smoking Rooms ,
Accessible rooms ,
Number of rooms
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, ACCOR, Jovago.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Dakar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
1. Getting visa – contact with Sen embassy. Despite of writting that EU citizens don't need visa, it wasn't so on December 2014. I simply registered via internet, paid ~ 50 $ and get visa in airport. I didn't do vaccination... More
1. Getting visa – contact with Sen embassy. Despite of writting that EU citizens don't need visa, it wasn't so on December 2014. I simply registered via internet, paid ~ 50 $ and get visa in airport. I didn't do vaccination against yellow fever.
2. About prices: July–late September is humid season, hotels reduce prices up to 40%. I visited Sen on late December. Excellent. That's hardto understand what You are looking for. I honestly recommend hotel Ibis, it is side to side with Novotel. Price is lower, the personal is more friendly, but You can use also services of Novotel, pool is common.
3. About fligts – there are very many possibilities, look internet. I like Turkish Airlines.
4. I guess – 1 day in Dakar for city tour is enough, 1 day for Goree Island, 2 days for Saloum delta national park, 3 days for Sant Louis, 1 day in Dakar at the pool before fligt. You will be happy!!!
5. Senegal isn't a cheap country for tubabs! But – there I'd met the most friendly people in Africa! Learn some words on Woloff and always be kind. Good luck!
As l am not a smoker myself,I am not really sure about whether you can smoke in any room.If l am not mistaken they usually ask you upon booking whether you want a smoking or non smoking room.I hope this helps.