Desk people were very unfriendly and not helpful -- never cleaned the room or brought fresh towels. Insisted they had knocked on the door but "the girl inside" wouldn't open it - we traveled as a pack and never left just one in the room! Insisted we deposit used toilet paper in the trashcan - gross!
I saw reviews and thought this would be a good place to stay. Place has a chain link fence around it and the pool is in the middle of the parking lot. Daytime desk people were nice but night time people were hateful. Hard to understand what they were saying. Tried to get some clean sheets since ours had hair and large stains but they only gave one sheet and got upset at that. Bathroom had dirt in the corners. The wifi was weak and dropped all the time. I know the price was cheap but I will not recommend or stay here again.
The first day here, the toilet clogged. When I reported it, the clerk yelled at me for putting toilet paper in the toilet. He said TP should go in the trash. He kept ranting “You messed up”I asked a new clerk the next day where the sign was. He went blank. I told him he needed a sign in the bathroom. Still a blank. The breakfast was sparse, cereal but no milk, no yogurt as advertised.
We recently stayed here one night. In the morning, after my husband left the room to go to the office, an employee just opened the door and walked in. Didn't knock. Didn't say "Housekeeping." I was sitting on the bed and yelled something like, "What are you doing?" He saw me, said "sorry," and backed out of the room. He had no cart. No laundry bag. I can't help but suspect he was up to no good. The manager called the owner, who came and talked with us. He apologized, but did nothing else. The creepy guy was still on the premises, evidently still employed. It would have been appropriate to refund our money, but that didn't happen either. The owner clearly didn't really care.
I will start by sharing this is the lowest rating I have ever given to an overnight lodging provider. There are several reasons for the rating: 1) A non-smoking room was booked for two nights; however, the room reeked of smoke, and there were holes burned in the duvet, sofa, and love seat. 2) There were numerous roaches throughout the room, even in the refrigerator (see photos). 3) The ceiling fans had not been dusted for quite some time with a ½ inch layer of dust on blades. 4) The stopper was missing in the sink in the bathroom, and there was what appeared to be a dead millipede under the sink in the kitchen. The room had obviously not been cleaned. With the cigarette smell overwhelming and live roaches when we entered the room, my husband and I immediately headed to Walmart to purchase roach spray, Lysol, Febreze, and a clean blanket. All lodging in the area was booked, so we had no choice but to stay the night or drive six hours home. It was a sleepless night, so we left early the next morning. We left our room keys and advised the person at the office we were leaving. The owner of the property followed up the next day to question why we checked out early. I explained the issues, but she offered no refund and replied, “I will let the maintenance man know about the issues.” It is hard to believe the maintenance man and the owner were not already aware of these issues. I would not have normally booked this level of room, but we planned a last-minute trip to the North Georgia Mountains, and there was no other availability in Blue Ridge. The only positive was the owner recommended Burra Burra for dinner, a restaurant on the river in McCaysville, Georgia. Finally, the online ratings did NOT reflect reality. Drive the extra miles to another town and stay somewhere clean and smoke and roach free.…