Find the best rental car deals in Honolulu
Renting a car in Honolulu is a must if you want to fully explore in and around the city. There’s a lot of things to do and places to see in Honolulu. Renting a car gives you the flexibility to drive to a nearby city or attraction outside of Honolulu.
With TripAdvisor, you can rent all types of vehicles in Honolulu. We offer economical standard cars, sporty convertibles, family-friendly minivans, and comfortable SUVs. By leveraging the world’s largest rental car booking service and searching all major rental brands, we help you find the lowest rental car prices available. We offer comprehensive coverage of over 60,000 locations worldwide.
What you need to know when renting a car in Honolulu
- You can pick up your vehicle at any rental car location in Honolulu or at the airport.
- Make sure you compare deals across all major rental car brands - there are dozens to choose from in Honolulu.
- Major rental car providers include Hertz, National, Enterprise, Alamo and Avis, but Honolulu also offers other rental car brands.
- Reserve early to get the best-priced rental car for your trip to Honolulu.
Tips for renting a car in Honolulu
- Join a loyalty rewards programme with a car hire company so you can earn points to use towards perks. Joining is typically free-of-charge.
- Look for Honolulu car hire locations outside the airport as prices usually include a kiosk fee at the airport.
- Consider taking a taxi or rideshare from the airport to an offsite location. Taxes and fees are based on where you pick up your rental car, not where you drop off.
- Ask about discounts for AARP. AAA, military, or corporate. When flying to Honolulu, check with the airline for reward programmes that include discounts at car hire companies.