We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Had dinner with mi Familia. Amazing food and very fresh ingredients! Local art and musicians are very cool. Owner is very friendly and has created a very special place. Highly recommended!More
Date of visit: September 2019
Inspire52991152535, General Manager at Furlong"z Place (El Cafe de la Casa), responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2019
Thank you Nicholas, this is what we're aiming for as a consistent experience. We owe much of our success to the musicians who play here. In fact, you and your wife make a perfect circle of harmony when you pick us to have dinner with....More
1. Great food! Specials of the day rotate among beautifully cooked and presented typical Costa Rican dishes using local ingredients that you may not encounter elsewhere. From a culinary standpoint, these meals are perfection.
2. Charming location in a little breezeway, lined and canopied with...plants. This is a cool little oasis where it is a pleasure to sit and enjoy a meal.
3. Each meal includes a glass of fresh tropical juice as well as a satisfying little bite of dessert.
4. Wonderful owner and staff. You will soon feel at home here.
5. Serves breakfast, lunch and a late day meal if you arrive in time. Warning: the specials are so great that they go fast.
6. Only one of two locations in town to purchase specialty, locally handcrafted ice cream bars in wonderful and unusual flavors.
7. Even the coffee is individually made by the cup with excellent locally grown beans.More
After trying various places for breakfast while I’ve been in Atenas, this one is the best.
Delicious gallo pinto and fresh scrambled eggs, with really good fruit juices. Has a wide choice of breakfast items and is a pleasant, cool place to sit.
Easy to...miss - it’s a narrow strip of a restaurant alongside the massage therapist place but there’s a sign hung above the street.
A good, tasty breakfast for around $5More
If you are looking for a good breakfast or lunch consisting of food typical of Costa Rica this is the place for you. They also serve excellent coffee brewed from coffee grown by them and roasted at the local cooperative. You couldn't ask for nicer...hosts.More
We are there at least once a week. It's the place we we meet up after running errands or after Spanish classes. Good coffee. The meals are all made fresh on the spot for you. Our favourite day is Friday when they add a Caribbean...touch to the meal. Meals are traditional Costa Rican with an emphasis on healthy, lots of veg with the meat.
When we got married at the lawyer's office, I asked Virgita if we could bring as many as ten people for coffee afterwards. She made a cake especially, decorated the restaurant and threw rice. She stayed past her usual go home time til we were ready to leave. They make you feel like part of the family.More
El café de la casa is a small somewhat historical stop that you will LOVE.
Virgita and her co-workers made us some of the best food we had during our 2 week stay in Costa Rica!
Her menu is small and she has daily specials...that are only made that day so the choices are minimal but the quality and flavor were immense!
I hope you stop by this little place if you are in the area, you won't be sorry!More
The food is typical Costa Rican but with so much more flavor than any place I've eaten. The service is exceptional as well. While we speak enough Spanish to get by, they are patient as we struggle with new foods. A wonderful place to bring...visitors for a real taste of Costa Rica food and culture.More
Just discovered this quaint little restaurant in Atenas. The food is fresh and natural and there is a special daily dish. Our favorite is on Wednesday when they serve Olla de Carne, a national dish that few restaurants offer. It is truly home cooking at...its best. The restaurant is tiny, tidy and very friendly. No English spoken here: it's the real thing! Lastly, the prices are very affordable and sometimes almost unbelievable. Highly recommended.More