We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Pies PIzzeria & Restaurant

10068 Donner Pass Rd, Truckee, CA
+1 530-582-1111
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
  • Excellent35%
  • Very good49%
  • Average10%
  • Poor3%
  • Terrible3%
Travellers talk about
“pies” (27 reviews)
“pasta” (7 reviews)
Open Now
11:00 AM - 10:00 PMAll hours
Italian, Pizza
$$ - $$$
10068 Donner Pass Rd, Truckee, CA
All Details
Write a Review
Reviews (106)
Traveller rating
Traveller type
Time of year

1 - 10 of 106 reviews

Reviewed 30 September 2017

My wife and I ordered the Gluten Free (GF) Pizza which comes as a 14". For GF, the pie itself was really good. The toppings consisted sausage, peperoni, Canadian bacon, ripe olives, and onions. This is where a really good pie becomes an OK Pizza....More

Thank REX C
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Quite a cool place for pizza pies. It's a lovely little town and this restaurant is conveniently located in the main market area. The service is gud and the food is fresh and quite tasty. I loved the veggie pizza pie with some extra sun-dried...More

Thank Kushika
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Stopped in for a quick salad and slice of pizza. We were welcomed by the hostess with a smile, seated promptly. Our waitress was very friendly and took our order almost right away. Caeser salad was very good but the dressing was a little light....More

Thank PaulO_MindyO
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Ate there several times, open seating , good cocktails fast service and a great menu. Open the gates at nite I think. Friendly persons

Thank RogerPsz
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Fast on time to go orders (95%) of the time. The other 5% is when it's snowing and they are crowded to the max.

Thank Mark O
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

They were able to seat a party of 8 without hassle. We were told an acceptable waiting time. They have food with family size portions. The staff was friendly. If you have a large party and need a place with great pizza, salad, and entres...More

Thank mluckenb
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

The pizza was excellent, but a bit pricey. Still we were all (5 of us - 4 adults and a 17 year-old) stuffed with plenty to take home - we got two.

Thank Yankeerev
Reviewed 16 July 2017

Pizza so good we ate here twice during our weeklong vacation in the Tahoe area. The thin crust is excellent, maybe the best I've ever had. The Sicilian is like pan pizza and it was good but a little too bready for my taste. The...More

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

On stroll around town we saw this pizza place and decided to stop. It was worth it. Great pizza, great service and great beer. Is there anything else to say. You just need to order one slice it will keep you full for a day.

Thank trouthook69
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Try the garbage pizza! We ate there three times during our week stay! It's a great, clean, friendly, upscale place. Go on Thursdays and experience the art festival too!!! Don't miss this deliciousness!!!

Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Nearby Restaurants
Squeeze In
402 reviews
.01 km away
Marty's Cafe
212 reviews
.21 km away
Pianeta Ristorante
292 reviews
.05 km away
Bar of America
234 reviews
.06 km away
Nearby Attractions
Truckee Railroad Museum
19 reviews
.10 km away
Rocking Stone Tower
8 reviews
.19 km away
Tahoe Whitewater Tours
74 reviews
.35 km away
Ski Butlers
29 reviews
.89 km away
Questions & Answers
Get quick answers from Best Pies PIzzeria & Restaurant staff and past visitors.
Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page.
Posting guidelines
Improve this listing

Restaurant Details

Rating summary
  • Food
  • Value
Lunch, Dinner
Restaurant features
Takeout, Seating, Waitstaff, Television, Wheelchair Accessible, Serves Alcohol, Full Bar
Good for
Kids, Child-friendly
Open Hours
11:00 AM - 9:00 PM
4:00 PM - 9:00 PM
11:00 AM - 10:00 PM
11:00 AM - 10:00 PM
11:00 AM - 10:00 PM
11:00 AM - 12:00 AM
11:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Location and Contact Information
  • Address: 10068 Donner Pass Rd, Truckee, CA
  • Location: United States  >  California (CA)  >  Lake Tahoe (California)  >  Truckee
  • Phone Number: +1 530-582-1111
  • E-mail
Is This Your TripAdvisor Listing?
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more. Claim Your Listing