We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
We love this stop in Bala. The food is excellent and the store is quaint with great cottage finds. We especially like the sandwiches, soups, smoothies, carrot cake and Nanaimo bars. Lots of kitchen finds here and great place to pick up gifts.
Was in the mood for a sandwich and salad.
Nice place where u can look around while u wait for your food.
Ordered the grilled turkey and got a side of potato salad. The salad was awesome. Excellent ingredients and full of flavor. Oh ya........the grilled sandwich was also excellent . Will definitely be backMore
My wife and I had some of their delicious soups for lunch. They have set up some wonderful out door seating that was covered which came in handy because it poured rain when we were there. Good food at a good price.
I chose to go sightseeing this weekend with my puppy I went to several different locations and I happened to stumble upon this most incredible little shop Cottage Cravings is an amazing store in the ladies about to retire and I hope whoever takes it...over keeps it as it is and their staff and there is amazing it has that country feel you are made to feel part of the family they sprayed the quality of the cross that are in their the food is absolutely amazing out swear I had the best different types of sandwiches and desserts made in there well and all the regulars a staff remember every single one of them they address them they covered their self did the covid-19 perfectly they handle things beautifully and it is in the prime location and it's perfect and I hope it is still there when I go back by there next year it is something I will return yearlyMore
Nice shop, take out sandwiches, salads and more. We had nice grilled cheese sandwiches, with gluten free bread!!!! Coffee was good they make lattes etc... The store has lots of beautiful gifts, clothes, home decor and packaged sauces and seasonings, jams and maple syrup. Cute...country shop.More
Stopped here on my way home from the lake. Ordered the veal sandwich and some potato salad. Fast friendly service. Before I knew I had the food. Nice sized piece of veal randall the fixings. The potato salad was exceptional. Will surely be back.
You have to visit this place. The food is amazing, the staff goes above and beyond. The owner has an amazing ability to have everything you would want in the gift shop. Can't say a bad thing, seriously check it out!
We stopped here on Father's day Sunday, June 16/2019 after a nice Sunday drive with my husband and young adult daughters. We went in for 2 coffees, a Latte for my older daughter and a Frappacino for my younger daughter.
1. First and foremost the...most disturbing thing was the man behind the counter seemed to not be able to take orders properly and seemed flustered easily. He at one point said "Ok, there's too many people talking here, I can only listen to one at a time!!" You are running a tourist stop at the beginning of probably your busiest time...I should think you would be able to handle more than one person talking, when clearly they were not all talking to you at the same time!
2. The Frappacino my younger daughter got looked like a cup of mud!!! The young lady preparing it didn't seem like she knew what she was doing. There was no whip cream, no sprinkles, no drizzle of any sauce or anything other than what looked like chocolate milk that had been slightly blended to have a small layer of froth on top! My daughter said it tasted ok and offered me a taste, which I did try and it just tasted like chocolate milk with a slight coffee taste.
3. While waiting for our order, I watched another young lady employee use cooking spray on a sandwich she was preparing for another customer on the Panini press. Too cheap to use real butter or at the least margarine I guess!
4. THE TOPPER.....there was not enough coffee brewed in the carafe at the time my husband and I ordered 2 medium coffees so what does he do?? Make a fresh pot??? NNNNOOOOO...I watched while he poured a cup of water from the tap into the drip coffee maker and made more coffee WITH THE SAME COFFEE GROUNDS THAT WERE ALREADY IN THE COFFEE MAKER FROM THE LAST POT!!! Then he told one of the young lady employees that "That's an old trick"!!!
I was shocked and my husband was in a hurry so I didn't say anything at the time but when I told my husband later he was not impressed either and said "What, did he think, he wasn't going to sell anymore coffee today?" This was at approximately 1:30 in the early afternoon!!! It's not like it was near closing or anything!!
HOW CHEAP CAN YOU BE!!!!
By the way....the brownies are not homemade but bought from M&M and cut up to make more profit!!!
Cost of 2 medium watery coffee, 1 large Latte, 1 muddy Frappacino?, 6 cookies and 2 store bought brownies: Almost $30!!!!
What a rip off!!! Do yourself a favour and do not go here ever!! That was the worst cup of coffee I have ever had and the slimy underhanded cheap practices of this person turned me and my husband off of ever going here again!!More
Date of visit: June 2019
Randy B, Owner at Cottage Cravings Cafe & Gift Shop, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2019
Thanks for your feedback. We strive to provide quality foods at reasonable prices.
I would like to clarify a few things about yesterdays interaction with you and your family.
1. While trying to take your order, I had two staff members ask me separate questions...More